Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My MK4 Fiesta - Puma Conversion

sleepyhimiko

My bad! i misread the st150 clutch wrong on the site! will probably go with the black diamond one! also i want to change the flywheel to either a new one or a lightened one. any suggestions for that

On 2/1/2021 at 2:59 AM, FiestaForever said:

It looks like the clutch will fit, but is for a stage 3 which is very power orientated.
Black diamond do good solid clutches and stage 1 is very reasonably priced.

I see you decided to go with the 300mm stage 2 brakes, good choice, this kit is very good for the price considering the calipers come with it.

Definitely going for the stage 1 that black diamond offers! and I think the brakes i've chosen will work well! can't decide what colour I want the calipers though🤔 

Once you done your engine conversion get a twin coil omex fitted

9 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

some places do colour coding, you could always have them body colour. Will be doing mine red, even though the body is blurple.

May just go for the silver calipers and then look at some options that would look good with my cars body colour

Evening!!

I have just installed a bucket seat into the fez and i'm having trouble mounting the seatbelt assembly to the seat because the hole I intend to use is around a size too small. Was thinking of using a tap and making the hole bigger that way but not too sure! Any suggestions??

The bigger hole is where the pretensioner bolt goes through and that is what I am having trouble mounting. Would I be able to mount it through the smaller hole instead or does it need the be through the pretensioner bolt? 

s-l640.jpg

6 hours ago, FiestaForever said:

I had a set of bucket seats in my old vauxhall cavalier with full sparco 4 point harnesses, they looked pretty neat, and also made sure there was no chance you were going any where if anything happened. I doubt you would move from the seat even if the car rolled a few times. They had a quick, twisting, release clasp where the harnesses plugged into. 

If I wanted a harness, would I need to to a rear seat delete and then put either a cage or a harness bar in?

Just now, FiestaForever
4 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

If I wanted a harness, would I need to to a rear seat delete and then put either a cage or a harness bar in?

I am not too sure, the mechanic I used just bolted them towards the bottom of the back of the front seats on the sub frame. 

Don’t quote me to ask of that was how it is usually/can be done as the mechanic I used was a blooming idiot.

I have seen people keep back seats and add a bar which could work better, are you doing the work yourself? If not you could ask the mechanic you use to see if the harnesses can legally be bolted to the chair sub frame.

I'd be doing all the work myself! I saw someone do a 3 point harness and bolt the two lap belts to original mounting holes and one one the subframe or seat. And then the shoulder staps were mounted to where the rear seatbelt buckles bolt down go the floor of the car

Just now, FiestaForever
2 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

I'd be doing all the work myself! I saw someone do a 3 point harness and bolt the two lap belts to original mounting holes and one one the subframe or seat. And then the shoulder staps were mounted to where the rear seatbelt buckles bolt down go the floor of the car

You would lose the back seats though wouldn’t you if you bolted the shoulder straps to where the rear seatbelt buckles bolt down to floor of the car, as it is under the seats isn’t it?

Thats what i was thinking! going to have a look later at possible mounting points and if i cant find anything decent then sticking with oem seatbelts and trying to get the pretensioner to fit

Just now, FiestaForever

Are you going to install the engine all yourself too?

i'm torn tbh! really want to give it a go a learn but also want the job done properly so i have the peace of mind that it was done by someone who knows what they're doing

16 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

There are things you can do when you have a certain level of proficiency, other things should be left to trained pro, it depends how much practice you have had previously with certain jobs i guess.

I would suggest doing some research and if you are not too comfortable then like you say it may be a good idea to have someone who has done it many times, and is in practice.

Trust me the amount of things I would love to have attempted but thought the same thing. It only takes one bolt or one part to be missed or fitted incorrectly and then the whole thing does not work properly, then you will be left with the task of figuring out where you went wrong.

Like I have no problem doing little things like the clutch and just replacing parts with the same but newer, but dropping a whole engine in and wiring it all is a little out of my league. Have had the source another engine as the fella who I was buying off of has ghosted me and taken the listing down

Just now, FiestaForever
7 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

Like I have no problem doing little things like the clutch and just replacing parts with the same but newer, but dropping a whole engine in and wiring it all is a little out of my league. Have had the source another engine as the fella who I was buying off of has ghosted me and taken the listing down

You class the clutch as being a little thing, lulz I would like to have the same opinion as you with that one,I have a clutch to fit here but never done one before and it looks like a big job to me.

Oh my life, I understand how you feel with the engine situation. I had an issue like this recently and I wholly empathise. Didn’t you pay him a fee to hold the engine for you? It is very annoying to say the least when a seller gives the silent treatment, especially after you have given your time and effort to secure the item. I’m sure you will find something else soon enough, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you👍

secured an engine finally!!! the clutch change will be done along side the ole trusty chrisfix videos lol so will take my time!

Roads were mental today, lots of sliding goodness in the snow 😂

02c7caa5-6691-4429-ac5c-a5d05e0149ac.jpg

Thats the engine i'm picking up tomorrow, only around 40 mins away from me which is amazing!!! boot is all prepped for it and will get more pics once its back home with me

Just now, FiestaForever
1 hour ago, sleepyhimiko said:

Thats the engine i'm picking up tomorrow, only around 40 mins away from me which is amazing!!! boot is all prepped for it and will get more pics once its back home with me

RESULT!! Looks like a good engine there, looks clean, I like the colour of the top of it.

I think the clutch would probably be a simple job with the engine out of the car, just a few bolts to take out and then slide the clutch in. If the engine was in , and all the bolts and extra things that would need unhooked to get the job done, that would be the issue for myself. I could just imagine missing a bolt somewhere putting it back together.

Always helps having a video or other media to look at while you work, makes the job more simple. The videos that are in great detail almost make it feel like you have done the job before and in my opinion give a confidence boost when carrying it out.

good ole youtube and a haynes book never go wrong! I agree though, having then engine out the car is so much better for doing bits to it! the guy also has a bunch of other fiesta parts so may have a look through those too! Only thing im worried about is lifting the engine out of the car and into my garage since i dont have a crane

Just now, FiestaForever
8 minutes ago, sleepyhimiko said:

good ole youtube and a haynes book never go wrong! I agree though, having then engine out the car is so much better for doing bits to it! the guy also has a bunch of other fiesta parts so may have a look through those too! Only thing im worried about is lifting the engine out of the car and into my garage since i dont have a crane

That is an issue but you can rent engine hoists for the week, or longer.

I just saw a place renting for £178 for the week, and although that maybe a little expensive, you may get them cheaper. That particular one looked very good, was hydraulic and looked like a recent model.

I’m sure they will deliver one to you and pick it back up. There are probably a few places that hire things like that out, google is your friend 👍

P.s I decided to paint the calipers I am using for my conversion red, dis you decide on the colour for the ones you are doing?E92AE6A0-C0F7-404A-BDEE-116835EE6A42.thumb.jpeg.27a7b1b7f0199ade8da4a06ef4e85ab4.jpegEEEC4813-E871-4969-A17C-AAFAE83AD177.thumb.jpeg.beb6c88a0d26db9dfa7156989618fbe0.jpeg

Calipers looking nice man! was thinking either red or yellow for mine, i think yellow could look nice with the cars body colour but red is a classic colour for them and goes well with the silver of my wheels!

Some places hires out a crane for i think 30 for the day so could do that just to lift it out and into the garage

Just now, FiestaForever
1 hour ago, sleepyhimiko said:

This was the crane i was looking at hiring

e9f0ac51-c5c1-4b45-b067-b7bab538abb6.jpg

Those are good prices, very reasonable. I forgot to mention the prices for the other one were for the 2 tonne hoist. Seemed rather expensive. £44.95 for the week is blimming fantastic. I had jobs where I wanted to support the engine but never saw prices that low for hire. I guess it pays to shop around.

Calipers are looking very glossy lol. Couldn't remover the sliders as yet,  I do not have a tight enough fitting allen key to get them loose, they are not bad condition so will be lazy and just give them a clean.

what i've done before when i havent had a snug enough fit js put a bit of cloth over the allen head to make it a bit bigger to fit in the hole. wouldnt recommend doing it loads just incase you strip the bolt head but its worth a try

They person also gave me st150 calipers too 😎 just need to find an exhaust manifold unless I get a 4-2-1 decat and then a sports cat

Just now, FiestaForever
3 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

They person also gave me st150 calipers too 😎 just need to find an exhaust manifold unless I get a 4-2-1 decat and then a sports cat

Bonus, are you going to slam those calipers on instead of the 300mm kit on pumaspeed?

I think you gonna have a sweet ride once you got it all together, puma engines are a good drive, really have good performance.

most likely with the calipers! clean them up and see what they're like! put on some braided brake lines and hopefully it'll all look rather nice!

Finally all coming together now! Was a real struggle getting the engine out the car and into the garage so will hire a crane next time 😂. Gotta clean everything up nice and make it shine! might actually paint it and change a few bits out for new parts just so i can make sure it'll all be fine!

Other than that I need to find hoses for the whole thing and going to buy the clutch next month.

Just now, FiestaForever
32 minutes ago, sleepyhimiko said:

most likely with the calipers! clean them up and see what they're like! put on some braided brake lines and hopefully it'll all look rather nice!

Finally all coming together now! Was a real struggle getting the engine out the car and into the garage so will hire a crane next time 😂. Gotta clean everything up nice and make it shine! might actually paint it and change a few bits out for new parts just so i can make sure it'll all be fine!

Other than that I need to find hoses for the whole thing and going to buy the clutch next month.

Coolio, I just bought front and rear hel lines, they are pretty nice, good build quality and not so bad priced. They do a good selection of colours. Saw some slightly cheaper ones on eBay that looked ok too.

image.thumb.jpg.060deccd09eb677d6e0ed3eab0cd5779.jpg

Just out of interest how did you get the engine out of the car? Did you handball it?

It’s good you have an engine that is out of the car, so much more simple to add internals, much less hassle without having to work while it’s in the car and having  such small spaces to work in.

I for one am anticipating your build post to be a very interesting and can’t wait to see what you do with your car. Will be awesome when it’s done.

Those breaklines look really nice man!!

I lifted it by hand to get it out over the bootlip and onto the floor. Found a thick metal pole and some rope which i attached to the engine and then deadlifted it and waddled my way into the garage and onto some cardboard and a dustsheet to catch any oil 😂. Was around 150kgs in total i think 🤔

Just now, FiestaForever

The brake lines are translucent, I have to be honest I like them but I thought they may be more see through than they are, but it’s cool, got them because they are better performers than stock.

Eh, you did that by yourself? I guess the question should be, do you lift much? As in do you go to the gym, and are you the next Arnold Schwarzenegger ? Lulz.😜

I'm very into my lifting and more so the strongman side of it instead of the bodybuilding. More Worlds Strongest Man than Arnolds Classic 😂😂 Mind you, I haven't lifted a weight like that in quite a while with lockdown and all that so was a nice suprise knowing i still kinda got it 😂

I found some braided lines for £80 from OC motorsport so may go for those since they seem decent! Will, attach those while referbing the calipers and then fit once i get the proper discs and pads

Just now, FiestaForever

I'm very into my lifting and more so the strongman side of it instead of the bodybuilding. More Worlds Strongest Man than Arnolds Classic 😂😂 Mind you, I haven't lifted a weight like that in quite a while with lockdown and all that so was a nice suprise knowing i still kinda got it 😂

I found some braided lines for £80 from OC motorsport so may go for those since they seem decent! Will, attach those while referbing the calipers and then fit once i get the proper discs and pads

I was gonna say cus lifting an engine isn't easy task at all. 💪

Looks like OC motorsport are selling their brake lines cheaper than Hel themselves. Shame that I didn't know about the OC website before hand could have saved a bit of cash.😛

Regretting it now though!! Woke up sore and stiff all over 😂 new seatbelt sensor coming today so will be fitting that and may have a go at taking off the gearbox today

Here's a picture of the calipers, shouldn't be too hard to clean them up and get them sorted

eedc3d87-7ee5-46c5-a37a-3b53b4734456.jpg

Just now, FiestaForever

Here's a picture of the calipers, shouldn't be too hard to clean them up and get them sorted

eedc3d87-7ee5-46c5-a37a-3b53b4734456.jpg

Calipers look in better condition than those sent to me, It doesn’t look like too much elbow grease will be needed. You might just get away with, ye olde, hand held wire brush instead of power drill attachments. I actually need to pop out to look for a hand held wire brush today but didn't want to pay silly prices, home bargains it is then.

i work at screwfix so i'd suggest trying there, prices usually aren't too bad tbh. Just picked up some degreaser and brushes from there to start cleaning the engine a bit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club