Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0335 and P0016 after engine change.

dovski

I replaced the motor from my 11 plate econetic 1.6 tdci with the same 95hp unit from a berlingo. The engine had a few parts that were different but in essence, it was a striaght forward fit until I went to start it.  It cranked over for a couple of seconds with no DTC codes thrown on Forscan. I assumed it was fuel starvation and sucked the fuel up to the filter pack and then using a syringe forced some fuel through  the filter to the pump via the filter inlet, reconnected it all and still the same. I tried a little easy start and it coughed but no firing took place. This time, code p0335 was there. I reset and tried a few times more, same deal, it would crank for a couple of seconds and then stop.  I went ahead and coded the fuel pump, egr valve and injectors to the ecu. All accepted. I then reset the PCM module and attempted a start. Nothing.  The engine is a BHY code. I used the as fitted citroen crank sensor and fitted the original cam sensor from the fiesta motor when I installed the engine. I thought perhaps the cranks sensor was at fault, so I fitted the fiesta one but to no avail. Still the same. I removed the CPS again and compared the resistances only. They measure differently between sensors checking resistance between pins 1-2 and 2-3. Clearly either both are at fault as they ought to be interchangeable looking the part up online, or perhaps the original ford one is ok?  Maybe I'm missing some other fine detail.. The loom fitted almost without trying, just had to release some slack on the pump side of the loom, thats all.

I'm frozen and tired, been at it all day and disappointed it didnt fire up first turn... Has anyone any thoughts that may help? I've spent some money on the damn thing so far..

Help appreciated

• 3 years later...

Hi ,did you sort out the problem 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Steven f roberts said:

Hi ,did you sort out the problem 

Profile ? 🤔

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club