Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android Double Din Unit MK7

Paul1uk

Hello,

I bought an android head unit for my mk7 fiesta but I am getting no power to it and not sure if im doing something wrong.

It's meant to be a plug and play but as i said im getting no power.

any ideas?

here is a few pictures

The lead that goes in the back of the radio, ihave that in the connection port for this unit and have the canbus box connected.

But the thught that comes to my mind is, wont i need power to the radio still to make my unit work? if this is the case how can I do this since I only got 1 of them connection ports

U3dd6cdf07bfb473d93288504bd26bb7dT.jpg

U31787fca365e48f0bfd2ba57c7062a8fH.jpg

these aftermarket radios usually have two 12 V in, one is constant, the other is "switched" 12V if the unit doesn't see the switched 12V then it will not turn on, what you can do is modify the addapter harness to have the switch 12 V wire connected to the constant 12 V wire, Most OE ford radios are live all the time and therefore have no need for the ignition live wire and so don't have it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

these aftermarket radios usually have two 12 V in, one is constant, the other is "switched" 12V if the unit doesn't see the switched 12V then it will not turn on, what you can do is modify the addapter harness to have the switch 12 V wire connected to the constant 12 V wire, Most OE ford radios are live all the time and therefore have no need for the ignition live wire and so don't have it

How would I do this, if this is the case, I was asked by the seller if I had the Canbus adapter connected which I did have and I still had no power to it

without seeing the wiring harness properly and the pinout of the connector i wouldn't be able to advise further

47 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

How would I do this, if this is the case, I was asked by the seller if I had the Canbus adapter connected which I did have and I still had no power to it

1448590698-1351611522.jpg

is that the radio side or the car side, also is that an adapter harness?

1 minute ago, Neb_engineer said:

is that the radio side or the car side, also is that an adapter harness?

That is the adapter harness which came with it, other end plugs into the head unit etc 

can you show me the car radio harness connector?

4 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

can you show me the car radio harness connector?

Here 

Screenshot_20210211-183136_AliExpress.jpg

1448590698-1346070396.jpg

sorry, i meant the end comming of the car's orriginal harness

Just now, Neb_engineer said:

sorry, i meant the end comming of the car's orriginal harness

Ah be this then

ae_1612877126121.jpg

Just now, Paul1uk said:

Ah be this then

ae_1612877126121.jpg

can i also see the back of that plug?

6 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

can i also see the back of that plug?

20210211_184205.jpg

20210211_184218.jpg

20210211_184222.jpg

does your adapter harness have any loose wires that are only connected on one of the two plugs?

2 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

does your adapter harness have any loose wires that are only connected on one of the two plugs?

the wires don't seem loose on the adapter harness, im not sure if the harness could be the issue, ive tried to give them all a little pull but none come out

i meant are there any wires on the radio side of the adapter harness plug that are not terminated into the car side of the adpater harness?

5 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

i meant are there any wires on the radio side of the adapter harness plug that are not terminated into the car side of the adpater harness?

Oh no there isn't also I put my original car radio in and that works, so I've narrowed it down a bit, knowing its not the car end 

is the red wire on the adpter harness connected on both ends?

17 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

is the red wire on the adpter harness connected on both ends?

red wire? the live is yellow i think, the red wire you see is what the seller asked me to put there which i tried and still dont work, ive put the red wire back into the plug that goes into the canbus decoder,

just a question the canbus decoder am i meant to have a lead in both ends? as ive only got one, I just saw a video on youtube and it had it connected both ends

its not english but from watcching the video ive done everything apart from connecting the the lead at 3:36 but shouldnt need to connect that just yet, as that be for a camera if im not mistaken.

also mine only has 1 adapter connector n this video it has 2

the red wire i was talking about is this one: image.thumb.png.91faa95728a0860f87bb90a43200974c.png

also make sure that all the plugs have clicked fully in

15 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

the red wire i was talking about is this one: image.thumb.png.91faa95728a0860f87bb90a43200974c.png

11 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

also make sure that all the plugs have clicked fully in

Yeah the red wire is connected both ends, one end in back of the tablet, and the other end is in the block that goes into the canbus box.

Yes all leads have clipped in, I have taken the tablet out the plastic harness to give me more space to make sure everything is clipped in

beyond that you may have to return it as it sounds faulty

3 minutes ago, Neb_engineer said:

beyond that you may have to return it as it sounds faulty

Ah ok thank you for the help, ive contacted the seller again waiting to see what they say.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club