Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 handbrake adjustment

hi,

has anyone got any info on how to remove the necessary trim to gain access to the handbrake mechanism? My handbrake could do with a sight adjustment (couple to many clicks)  

thanks.

Can't answer the question unfortunately - my dealer did it foc while the car was in for "convenience check". I didn't ask how it was done but as nothing seemed to have been disturbed inside I suspect they did it from below while the car was in the air for the visual/video check.

Interesting that you also felt that handbrake had too much travel though.

I wouldn't get tightening the handbrake to much or the self adjusters on the drum brakes or calipers on discs won't function causing more problems than you fixing. 

For a little tweak you just prise the trim under the handbrake lever out and then 10mm socket to tighten the nut on end of cable. Just bear in mind what I first said though. 

Thanks, that’s what I was after! was expecting to have to remove all the centre trim, but if it’s only the handbrake surround that great! I’ll go a half turn at a time, it’s just it’s a couple of clicks to much for my liking 👍🏻