Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Picked Up My New Fiesta....

Barky

Hi all

I finally picked up my new fiesta yesterday, and i love it.

i do have a 1 small problem and 1 rather major one.

Firstly the small problem - How can i stop my iPhone playing music when i get into my car now i have set up the bluetooth?

I just want to use my iPhone as a phone via bluetooth but as soon as it connects it starts playing the music on the phone (though you can't actually hear it).

Also do you have to have the stereo on to be able to use the voice control? and is there a mute button for the stereo?

Now the major problem-

I checked the car out thoroughly when i picked it up from the dealer (90 miles away) and couln't spot a thing wrong but as soon as i got home i noticed a very bad paint blemish on the passenger door (it looks like a paint run but it feels smooth if that makes sense, its about 15mm high and 5mm wide). I have contacted ford who have recommended for me to take it to my nearest ford repair centre to get it checked out. I am going to do that but im dubious to get a 1 day old car door resprayed in case it ends up looking worse than the blemish (i will post a picture later).

What are my options, and has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Can only help on the BT stero front, I think everyone has this problem, I removed the music from my iPhone lol, had an iPod in it all thetime for my music anyways, but apaprt from that you can let it connect, hit the home button on your iPhone twice and it will bing up the quick controls and you can hit the pause button to stop it playing, the phone will work as normal.

Thier is no Mute button, yes, I find this very annoying, esp to discover the M button the wheel stands for mode, this, to me, makes absolutly NO sense!

Think it has to be on for the voice controls yes, tho, Ive barly used them.

whenever i used mine it automatically muted the radio/cd/ipod so ive had no problems there mate, how did you get on with the door?

whenever i used mine it automatically muted the radio/cd/ipod so ive had no problems there mate, how did you get on with the door?

I spoke to ford about the door paint damage and they told me to take it to my nearest ford paint shop.

I did this and they told me the door and probably the rear panel would have to be re-sprayed, which i'm not happy with as i have paid a premium for a new car not a re-sprayed car.

So i contacted ford today to see if i can reject the vehicle and they told me i would have to contact the dealer direct as that's their responsibility.

The problem there is the dealer is 90 miles away, so i phoned them and have sent an email with photo's to show the marks to see what my options are.

I bought a new car as i thought my 12 year old fiesta might start to cause me hassle... if only i could go back lol.

Would most of you just have it re-sprayed or would you reject the car?

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/barkybearbrown1/car_mark_large.jpg

For all the hassle it would be to get a replacement I would have the respray done as long as they strip the whole door down and repaint all the door so that a joint cannot be seen, if its still as nad then I would push for a replacement.

push for replacement may aswell its even newer then that or what you think about the s1600? almost identical to zetec s like but hey ho

push for replacement may aswell its even newer then that or what you think about the s1600? almost identical to zetec s like but hey ho

Just before my car arrived at the dealers i was offered the s1600, but i didn't really like it (i actually prefer the zetec s, i don't like the white alloys)

There seems to be alot of s1600's t dealers which makes me think they are not selling well.

Regarding my paint issue its with my dealer still to see what they can come up with, i wil post the outcome just incase it helps someone else in the same predicament as me.

im not to keen on the white alloys either but at my local dealers one of the sales lads has a frozen white tdci and has got the white wheels but dont know what to think of it, ive fallen out with ford anyway cos the were wanting to charge me for a new locking wheel nut key as the one they gave me snapped when i was taking the wheel off! feckers lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club