Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Data Carrier

Ocean

I have recently bought a Galaxy 09 plate 2.0. Loving it so far. I need some advice on the head unit though. The satnav & a few other features don't work, giving the "insert data carrier CD" prompt. I checked and there is no CD in there at all. 

Question 1: Do I simply buy a replacement data carrier CD from eBay? Also the usb doesn't seem to work, is this related?

Question 2: If I put in a new head unit, will the digital climate control unit stop functioning if they don't talk to each other?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Unofix. 

Can you get new road updates or do you have to get a new CD each time then?

Any ideas on fixing the USB port? 

If the unit is the old ford nx system, the dvd data disk is hidden behind the front panel, does not go in the CD slot.

The 2021 nav data disk is available on eBay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkRS9 said:

If the unit is the old ford nx system, the dvd data disk is hidden behind the front panel, does not go in the CD slot.

The 2021 nav data disk is available on ebay. 

Yes I checked in the hidden slot.

So I can get the latest maps? And they send a CD to update my operating system right?

2 hours ago, Ocean said:

So I can get the latest maps? And they send a CD to update my operating system right?

Buy a Map CD and put it in the hidden slot and leave it. Nothing more to be done.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, unofix said:

Buy a Map CD and put it in the hidden slot and leave it. Nothing more to be done.

Map DVD just arrived along with an update CD. Both seemed to install successfully. The maps start loading but the whole unit keeps turning off and on randomly now, even when just in radio mode 🤦‍♂️

@Ocean what disk did you buy, ive got a focus titanium 2009 and would like to get the software for it

On 11/5/2021 at 7:14 AM, Ocean said:

unit keeps turning off and on randomly now, even when just in radio mode 🤦‍♂️

Sounds like you might have a faulty head unit. That maybe why there was no SatNav disk in when you got the car.

Try taking the disk out again and disconnect the car battery for 20 minutes. That might at least clear the problem you now have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club