Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projector lens help

Adrijan

Hi i have a ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 2010 and my lights are really bad cant see anything i had quality h7 lights they werent bright enough tried led they are even worse. I asked some people and they said the projectors lens are worn off. One company said that they refurbish the old projector,adjust them properly and align them and they give 5 year guarante.I couldnt find new ones on the market so im thinking of going to guy restoring them and then adding HID Kit. Can you guys tell me if should do it , or is there any other way .

Thanks

Sorry for the bad english im from europe 

Im also new to the forum so idk if i should post here for help 

Screenshot_20211127-182355_Gallery.jpg

I'd take a decent set of LED's over xenon these days. The problem with 10 year old projector lights is the shiny lining has gotten hot and dulled over time. Obviously a dark/matt surface is much worse at reflecting light than a nice shiny/light one.

This means buying a second hand set of projector lights is unlikely to solve your issue unless they haven't seen much use.

If youve no experience in refurbing lights then I'd pay someone decent to do it. Most of the time you have to remove the lens off the lights which involves baking them in an oven to soften the glue. For this reason it's not something I'd attempt myself unless you have a spare set of lights (a professional that does this day in/ day out should have no trouble at all).

• Like 1

ford do actually still sell your housings on their shop, and depending on how much a refurb was quoted as, it may be a better option, also remember that model did run up to 2012 so a second hand unit if late model would work too

Just checking on eBay, you can get a pair of Projector lens headlights brand new on there for £169 plus postage. About 200 Euro all in I guess. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club