Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Security ideas

Jo100001

We recently had our car stolen , then recovered 

they got in via the wing mirror wires and used on OBD port to steal it 

we were very lucky to get our car recovered , so I’m looking at extra security ...

defo getting full steering lock ...possibly a extra internal wired alarm along side Ford fitted alarm 

any thing else I can do to protect my car ?? 

thank You in advance 

35 minutes ago, Jo100001 said:

defo getting full steering lock

In all honesty this is usually enough to put off most chancers. Unless they're a good lock picker, ain't no way they can get into a disklok.

You can also relocate the obd2 port and fit an immobiliser if you want to go that far.

I had my last Fiesta stolen and I now use a disklok.   I was advised by the police to turn the wheels to full lock before fitting it.   I've tried to drive it with the disklok fitted and, believe me, it isn't possible.

Highly recommend the viper immobiliser 👍 and of course a steering lock 

I know this may sound daft to some, but a friend of mine has two authentic human looking masks over a balloon, when he gets out the car, then attaches to the front head-rests with laggy bands, from a distance it looks like there's someone sat in the car, he's given this idea to many and they've got masks fitted, sure is a swell deterrent. the 'chancer' comes along and sees the faces and soon bugger off as it's made them think there's someone in the car.

Plenty on eBay!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club