Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing power

Mir

Hi, 
Hoping for some advice with a 2015 ecoboost 1L. 

Car has recently struggled to accelerate/pull when driving up hill in 5th gear one some occasions I’ve had to drop it all the way down into 2nd gear. Car has previously managed these happily in 5th. 

Secondly it also recently developed a squeal when starting up from cold. 

Thanks in advance 

How long after starting from cold (overnight) does it take for the oil pressure light to go out after starting

Goes out instantly the engine starts ?

Goes out in less than 5 seconds ?

Goes out in more than 5 seconds  ?

Hi, 

oil pressure light goes out instantly the engine starts.  

No eml light or other warning lights showing at the moment 

Given the sensitive nature of the 1.0 ecoboost the 'squeal' is worrying, I would start with an oil change and new filter first, unless it's less than 6000 miles since last change.

Loss of power could be an air leak. Check all hoses and connections to the turbo.

Are the revs rising when you try to accelerate in 5th?  Just wondering if the clutch is slipping.  Would expect an EML for anything sensor related.

Squeal may just be a slipping aux belt.  See if you can pinpoint the location of it more accurately.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mir said:

The revs are at around 2000 rpm and being to decrease. 

Ok, not clutch slip then.

Sounds like limp mode so needs fault codes read ideally.  

1 hour ago, Mir said:

The revs are at around 2000 rpm and being to decrease. 

Without seeing the car it's always difficult to diagnose but I would think it is lack of turbo for whatever reason.

well I've managed to get the car booked in for next week, so hopefully they get me sorted out. Just hope the turbo isn't dead!! 

A few months ago I had similar issues on a road trip while driving around in Germany, suddenly no power but it was also accompanied by a warning on the dashboard. It was an pipe/tube connected to the turbo unit which had failed (assuming I got the translation right). The repair cost was under €100. Not sure if that is what you have, but I basically left like the car had no power. Which made for a very slow drive home.

Turbo has  began to fail. Just debating to go with a reconditioned turbo or a new replacement turbo. Has anyone had experience with a reconditioned and lasting beyond the 12th month warranty etc? 

Thanks in advance 

In 3 years time or before if you are wise you will have to spend between £1200 and £1400 or replacing the wet belts. Is it worth spending a heap of money or fixing the turbo problem now and then having another major expense to look forward to ?

As I said earlier the 1.0 ecoboost is a 'sensitive' engine and if the turbo is starting to fail it could indicate problems with oil flow.

I think a trip to "we buy any wreck.com" would be your best bet and get rid of it now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club