Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proud New Owner Of Fiesta Mk7

Bleach

Hello Everyone,

I recently got my brand new ford fiesta mk7 zetec. It is my first ever new car and i love it!

I just started lurking on the forums and have decided to join up to get some valuable tips and tricks along the way (and also skive at work)

Here are some pictures of my pride and joy

ford1g.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ford2.jpg

ford3.jpg

I have been reading the detailing thread to pick up on some hints and tips and product recommendations. Unfortunately before reading it i went out and took advantage of Halfords 3 for 2 deal and bought what i can now see as rubbish products!!

My question is how bad is tutle wax in general? I have the wash n wax nano stuff and the original wax. Would it do any harm if i used this for now until i get the right products stocked or should i just hang fire until i get all the right products? I'm concerned about the extreme nano tech wheel cleaner as it may have acid in, does anyone know if it definitely does? I checked the bottle and couldn't see anything.

I have a proper wash mitt, 2 buckets etc so wont be making swirls!

Thanks guys......

get autoglym if you want a good job... it costs abit but does job well... but have a look at the detailing thread on here :) nice car though mate sure you will grow too love it :)

welcome mate. Your car looks very nice :)

As for the wax - I read up a fair bit on carnauba car wax a while back and have wanted to try it ever since. I purchased a bottle of Meguiars' Carnauba wax from Halfords but haven't got around to using it yet, so can't give any feedback for it.. although it is only £8.99 or something and there are full kit products about the net for £30-£40. Again though, Im no expert but i thought i'd mention it :)

get autoglym if you want a good job... it costs abit but does job well... but have a look at the detailing thread on here :) nice car though mate sure you will grow too love it :)

Thanks mate, yours looks good too!

Think i'm just gonna bin off the turtlewax stuff to my girlfriend or something! :lol:

Will pick up some Autoglym or dodo wax and maybe top it off with some red mist spray on wax? Can't wait for it to stop raining now.

Cheers for the reply shez, i did see that stuff in Halfords but spent even less on turtlewax! Wish i hadn't now. Let us know how you find the Meguirs stuff when you have tried it.

Hello and welcome :)

That's a nice looking car you've got there and thanks for posting those large pics. You see, I've got a Frozen White Zetec on order, only it's a five door in my case. Nice to get an idea of how lovely it's going to look!

As for your questions, Turtle Wax have been going a long time and while not the best products available, are unlikely to damage it. Hang fire if you're worried though.

Last time I washed my Zetec S, I went around panel-by-panel while the car was still wet with 'Simoniz Rinse Off Wax'.

I usually went against 'wet wax' products but for a quick 30-min job, it came up gleaming! :D Plus it's only £5.50ish

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club