Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus active x hatchback 2020 gone haywire!

HCar

hello, has anyone else has their new focus have a compete electric systems meltdown on starting? has happened to me on several occasions now (usually rights itself after turning off for 10 mins and restarting). all the electric systems start pinging warnings (eg, steering aid not available, esp service required, collision assist not available etc etc) and wipers/lights don't work! 

got it booked in for an investigation as still in warranty, but wondered if its a common occurrence.

Your battery is in need of charging.

Once the SOC gets below 70% all sorts of crazy stuff happens. Put the battery on charge overnight with a good smart charger and I expect everything will go back to normal.

Maybe our member @StephenFord could recommend a suitable one ? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Another vote for the Maypole charger thanks to @StephenFord 

The commission must be rolling in by now 😉

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2022 at 5:51 PM, unofix said:

Your battery is in need of charging.

Once the SOC gets below 70% all sorts of crazy stuff happens. Put the battery on charge overnight with a good smart charger and I expect everything will go back to normal.

Maybe our member @StephenFord could recommend a suitable one ? 😉

thanks for the tip! Seems odd if that's the issue as i just did a 400mile trip 2 weeks ago and have been driving daily since. Happened again today so guess i'll find out at the service for sure!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club