Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Estate imported to France - headlight query

Marko999
聽Share

Hello all,

Newbie alert - so please go easy on me 馃檪

I bought a UK Mk3 Focus Estate here in France. The previous owner used eurolites stickers to get the car through it's 'controle technique' (closest thing to MOT). However, I'm not a fan of eurolites and would prefer to longer term solution. Is there a way to adjust the direction of the beam (as there was in my old Mercedes) or do I need to buy new hardware? If it's the latter, any recommendations please?

Thanks.....Mark

• Like 1

welcome

• Like 1

If it has xenon's you can simply change them over to LHD.

Though as it's already got lens stickers, I assume it's standard halogen lights.聽 In which case you just need to fit a pair of LHD halogen lights instead.聽 Not sure how common the Mk3s are in France but over here it'd be cheap & easy to pick up a set from a breakers yard.

• Like 1

Not sure about the Mk3, but I never bothered on my Mk2 when I brought it out to France permanently.聽 Never had any issues and didn't get flashed by oncoming drivers (except maybe when carrying a heavy load that pointed the front upwards).聽 I would suggest as above, buy a set of LHD lights from a scrapyard if they are normal halogen ones.聽 There are loads for sale on Leboncoin, though the Mk3 ones look quite expensive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club