Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus mk4 1.5 ecoblue heating problem

anikologr

Hello from Greece,

Today when i was comming to work i turned on heating (it has simple air condition not climate control) but no hot air. The engine has reached its working temperature but unfortunatelly not hot air. Is this an known problem and what is the fix? 

4 hours ago, anikologr said:

Hello from Greece,

Today when i was comming to work i turned on heating (it has simple air condition not climate control) but no hot air. The engine has reached its working temperature but unfortunatelly not hot air. Is this an known problem and what is the fix? 

I'm sure you've checked the aircon is off! With the car stationary (so you can play with the switches and hear whats going on) try the fan switch, all the way up to its max and see if you can hear the fan. If not, there's your problem. If you can hear it try the different vents i.e. face, windscreen, feet to see if you can identify a problem there - when you choose the direction a flap (probably) moves electrically to get the direction.

But BEFORE you do anything else CHECK THE RADIATOR COOLANT LEVEL, JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE A COOLANT LEAK!

20 hours ago, RMurphy195 said:

I'm sure you've checked the aircon is off! With the car stationary (so you can play with the switches and hear whats going on) try the fan switch, all the way up to its max and see if you can hear the fan. If not, there's your problem. If you can hear it try the different vents i.e. face, windscreen, feet to see if you can identify a problem there - when you choose the direction a flap (probably) moves electrically to get the direction.

But BEFORE you do anything else CHECK THE RADIATOR COOLANT LEVEL, JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE A COOLANT LEAK!

After some hours and when i was driving car to local dealer, the problem was solved. Probably the motor was stuck and after i left the car for some hours it reset itself. I cannot give any other explanation. So i contacted the local dealer and cancel the visit. 

So i am waiting the next time this happens to drive immediatly to local dealer!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club