Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer bottle upgrade to low level sensor??

hardy1812
聽Share

Morning again peeps,,

I鈥檝e just found out my car doesn鈥檛 have the low level washer sensor 馃が,, is it possible to upgrade and add it ?? Can鈥檛 believe in this day and age it鈥檚 not standard 馃ぃ馃ぃ

thanks peeps聽

Technically possible but chances are your car won't have the wiring for a simple plug & play upgrade.聽聽

It was only standard on cars with headlight washers, which on UK models was only those with Xenon headlights.

35 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Technically possible but chances are your car won't have the wiring for a simple plug & play upgrade.聽聽

It was only standard on cars with headlight washers, which on UK models was only those with Xenon headlights.

Awesome cheers mate. The more I look into this car the more stupid stuff keeps coming up 馃ぃ馃ぃ. May look at getting rid and buying a Mondeo 馃ぃ,, it is a nice car to be fair just has no pigging extras 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

My MK2 Ghia has it, presumably standard, or maybe original owner ticked the option.聽

No xenon headlights

56 minutes ago, Focus_ said:

My MK2 Ghia has it, presumably standard, or maybe original owner ticked the option.聽

No xenon headlights

Pre-facelift specs are slightly different.聽 Ghia had the low level sensor even on Mk1's iirc!

If it's a titanium it may have the wiring, if not then you'll have to add it.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Pre-facelift specs are slightly different.聽 Ghia had the low level sensor even on Mk1's iirc!

Ah of course. When I'm on mobile I don't always see the poster's vehicle year. I now notice it's a 2009 Focus in question so naturally would be different to an early MK2 馃憤

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Focus_ said:

Ah of course. When I'm on mobile I don't always see the poster's vehicle year. I now notice it's a 2009 Focus in question so naturally would be different to an early MK2 馃憤

Yeah, I have the same problem myself.聽 It's a shame the small bio section doesn't show on mobile.聽 I don't always have the time (or just CBA lol) to open a posters profile and check.

• Like 1

done mine easy enough i found a wire in the connector in passenger footwell so made a hole in the bottle to take the float the run wire from it to the passenger footwell easy. one side of float goes to ground hth

16 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

done mine easy enough i found a wire in the connector in passenger footwell so made a hole in the bottle to take the float the run wire from it to the passenger footwell easy. one side of float goes to ground hth

Tell me more captain ??

was the connector near the bottle ?? How did you wire it so that it comes on dash to show low level ??聽

Sorry gents should have put down it鈥檚 a zetec 09 plate 馃ぃ

5 hours ago, hardy1812 said:

Tell me more captain ??

was the connector near the bottle ?? How did you wire it so that it comes on dash to show low level ??聽

you need to run a cable from the washer bottle to the passenger side connector behind the carpet on the side.

the float has 2 wires one goes to earth the other goes to the connector. check the connector on the side see if there is a orange and black wire in the connector hth

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club