Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 locked keys in boot, any way in?

xcd

I've gone and closed my boot on my mk3 with the keys in it and now locked out. Staying in the middle of no where too so not having much luck finding anyone and can't get back to get my spare, could also do without the expense of a lock smith (and damage risk). Any tricks to get in, I know on my old mk1 you could get in via the brake light. Obviously the alarm will go but that won't matter as I can get the keys to stop that. Feel free to pm if you'd rather not openly post. 

Cheers 

• Sad 1

Short answer is no.  AA/RAC will bend the door top open with an airbag to reach the unlock button.  Locksmith may be able to get in through the key barrel.  Without either of those the only option you have is to break a window.

Is there anyone that can access your spare key and post it to you?

• Like 1

If it's double locked, no.

If it's just locked:

Very carefully bend the top left of the driver's door out at the B-Post (where it meets the rear door) about 1 inch

Make a hook on the end of a metal coat hanger, straightened for length

Feed coat hanger through door, engage on driver's interior release handle and pull.

Lower driver's window once open and bend top of door back to re-profile to B-Post

• Like 2

Does the Mk3 have the ford pass app? if so, can you unlock car from the app and then release boot or take rear seat down to get into the boot to get keys?

Kev

13 hours ago, kev2011 said:

Does the Mk3 have the ford pass app? if so, can you unlock car from the app and then release boot or take rear seat down to get into the boot to get keys?

Kev

No

Thanks all, in the end I got my spare key, had to call in a few favours and ***** a few people off unfortunately (some who just wanted to put my window through), but I got in in the end. Unfortunately it was a sat evening and could only stay where I was until monday, if it had been until Tuesday I could have got it posted to me Monday. Got it in the end though, now to see if I can disable this auto boot locking, possible with forscan although I've never noticed the option before.

• Like 2

I would be interested to know if the auto boot locking can be disabled on the Mk2. I currently make extra certain I haven't put the key down inside the boot.

I would much sooner have to press the lock button on the key to lock the boot and have no risk of locking the key in the boot.

Is there any way to open the boot using forscan or any combination of buttons on the dashboard? My boot switch and remote locking recently had problems around the same time. I was having to open the boot with the remote key button for a few weeks.

1 minute ago, AntonovAN12 said:

I would be interested to know if the auto boot locking can be disabled on the Mk2. I currently make extra certain I haven't put the key down inside the boot.

I have had my Mk2 over 2 years now, there is no way I am aware of to stop the boot locking automatically with the doors. Now, when the pull handle on the boot breaks (and it will), it doesn't unlock with the door opening, so you need to press the 'boot' symbol on the key fob twice to get it open.

What I mean is that when the boot is opened with the boot button on the remote key, it will lock automatically when closed. That is when it would be easiest to lock the key in the boot.

When the whole car is opened with the remote or door key, the boot lid does not lock when closed and can be re-opened.

The boot release button is only deactivated when the car is locked or the switch is faulty.

I've replaced both the latch and the rubber handle on mine this week. Now to get the multimeter out as boot light still not working, I'm aware it may be split in the flexi pipe where the tailgate meets the main body. I have a spare key but its on the same ring 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club