Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Adblue "Disablement"!

RMurphy195

According to my handbook my car (a 1.5 120PS diesel) won't start if the adblue runs out.

Now hopefully I won't be stuck with such an issue but - with the current situation, who knows!

So - anyone know of a way of bypassing this engine check?

You will get about 600 miles of warnings telling you to refill the tank. I can't see any reason for there to be a shortage of adblue. As far as I know you can't override the system if you run out of adblue, and I'd not like to guess at what damage it may cause to the catalytic converter.

• Like 1

Adblue injection is post DPF, it can be deactivated but only through remapping. But you will fail MOT on emissions

But, as unofix says, you get enough warnings when it's low, just fill it up

• Like 1

thanks for the info - given the current situation as ever its hope for the best, plan for the worst. But in this case I can't fully plan for the worst other than stocking up which of course I have done. Hopefully even with China out of the supply chain on Urea there won't be a permanent problem ...

NOx isn't measured at MOT so it wouldn't make any difference for that.  Would technically be illegal (tampering with emissions reduction) but no one would know.

I do agree with the non-start being a concern though.  Just takes a faulty level reading for you to be left stranded with no option but to tow away... :unsure:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

NOx isn't measured at MOT so it wouldn't make any difference for that.  Would technically be illegal (tampering with emissions reduction) but no one would know.

I do agree with the non-start being a concern though.  Just takes a faulty level reading for you to be left stranded with no option but to tow away... :unsure:

The poor children sat at the side of the road breathing in  the nox would say different. 

Wouldn't be stranded unless your a ***** and ignore the messages beforehand even  with a faulty level reading. 

11 hours ago, iantt said:

The poor children sat at the side of the road breathing in  the nox would say different. 

Wouldn't be stranded unless your a ***** and ignore the messages beforehand even  with a faulty level reading. 

I'm not suggesting to disable the Adblue system altogether, just the 'no adblue, no start' procedure.

As far as I understand, if you go out one morning and the PCM reads 'empty' due to a faulty sensor, it won't attempt to start?  So you wouldn't get warnings beforehand, and refilling may not increase the perceived level either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 8:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

In general I agree, who is to know ? however be mindful if you are ever in an accident that is likely to cost the insurance company  a big pay out, they are not adverse to checking everything.... and ifthat means they pay to have a full diagnostics on a vehicle then they will. 

Any such findings from that diagnostics that suggest the vehicle is not as it should be will leave your insurance null and void ! 

Yes we can say 'it was like that when we bought the vehicle' but a good techy will see what date the programmes were re-written.

So before doing anything, weigh up the cost.... am i really benfiting by making the change ? 

Now .... hopefully this OBD conector will arrive soon so I can play 😜

"My dad always said if i was making mistakes, at least I was doing something"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club