Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 water leak

kent

Hi All.  This is my first post so bear with me!
In our Focus mk3 we have found a significant amount of water in the passenger foot well and more in the rear foot well immediately behind.  There is no water in the boot well.
Pouring water over the windscreen hasn't identified a leak.
We have read that in the mk2 the a/c condensate pipe can get blocked causing water to leak into the car, but can't find anywhere where it says that this problem can also occur in the mk3.
So my question is, is it likely to be the condensate pipe, and if not, any other suggestions?
Many thanks.

Hi All

I see that my post has had 59 views, but no comments (!) so I'm going to ask the question in a different way:

We have found a large amount of water in the passenger seat foot well and in the well behind.  Can anyone suggest how we might find the cause and cure for the problem?

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, kent said:

I see that my post has had 59 views, but no comments (!)

Everyone that viewed it was expecting to post 'rear bumper vents'...until reading that your boot's dry!

What sort of hill is the car generally parked on?  Is the rear lower than the front or vice versa?  Does the carpet under the rear seat bases feel wet?  

As for how to identify the leak, I think you were on the right track with the hose over the screen.  Did you also run it over the front and rear doors/windows on that side?

• Like 1

Thanks Tom.  It's actually my son's car so I'll respond properly when he has given me the answers to your questions.

• Like 1

I'm struggling with this one tbh. There's going to water present if you already have a well in the car 🤔

LOL!  I didn't know what to call the floor where you put your feet!

It could still be water ingress from the rear vents / usual Focus boot leak.

Is the car parked on an incline facing "down hill?"

Could be that the water is entering at the rear of the car and tracking forward to the seating areas.

Once you report back I'm sure everyone one here can give you plenty of advice... in the meantime it might be useful to read this thread and prepare for what's coming... 😄

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club