Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ISOFIX Mounting Kit - 2018 Mk3.5

jimb1177

Hi, I'm in Australia with a 2018 Mk3.5 Focus and have only recently discovered it doesn't have ISOFIX mounts installed as standard. But I have seen this ISOFIX mounting kit is available from a few places online (mainly overseas it looks like). Despite this being a genuine Ford part (part number 1357238), I've called 2 dealerships here, and Ford Australia directly, and I may as well have been speaking another language - none of them had a clue what I was talking about.

I've found this really useful video that clearly explains installing it in a Mk2/Mk2.5. I've got as far as removing my back seats, and as far as I can tell, the mounting points in the video look identical in my car. Some photos here.

My problem is, I can only find the ISOFIX kits listed for Mk2 - nothing comes up when I search for Mk3. Does anyone know if this would this still be compatible, or any other reason why this might not work? I'd be surprised if the mounting points moved between the Mk2 and Mk3, but obviously can't be certain. Also, I assume a mounting kit ordered from the UK, would still work with an Australian Focus? If anyone has any experience with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

In the UK and Europe a 3 point ISOFIX became a mandatory requirement in 2013 for all new to market cars. The Focus Mk3 would I guess have been classed as a new to market and therefore would be fitted with ISOFIX mountings as standard. I can't see any reason why a kit for a Mk2 wouldn't work for a Mk3.

4 hours ago, jimb1177 said:

Also, I assume a mounting kit ordered from the UK, would still work with an Australian Focus?

Yes, you just need to turn it upside down 🤣    (sorry couldn't resist)

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

How's that going to help him fit the kit. 

Ford-Focus-overturned-opposite-Colwyn-Bay-Railway-Station-on-Wednesday-morning.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, unofix said:

In the UK and Europe a 3 point ISOFIX became a mandatory requirement in 2013 for all new to market cars. The Focus Mk3 would I guess have been classed as a new to market and therefore would be fitted with ISOFIX mountings as standard. I can't see any reason why a kit for a Mk2 wouldn't work for a Mk3.

Thanks - that's what I thought/hoped. I'm originally from the UK and remeber ISOFIX becoming mandatory, which is why I was so surpised it wasn't installed as standard over here in Aus.

In any case, it looks like the kit is only about £20 so nothing to lose if it doesn't fit.

Appreciate it!

• Like 1

What an interesting conundrum!

If you're ordering one from the UK anyway, why not order one specifically for your car. Ford UK must hold them as spares, I would have thought. The compatibility pop-up window doesn't mention your car - so although it might be identical, it might actually be a different part number???

7 minutes ago, alanfp said:

What an interesting conundrum!

If you're ordering one from the UK anyway, why not order one specifically for your car. Ford UK must hold them as spares, I would have thought. The compatibility pop-up window doesn't mention your car - so although it might be identical, it might actually be a different part number???

Yep that's the problem I'm having - I can't find any reference to a similar part for the mk3, either at shop.ford.co.uk, or other spare parts sites. Should I be searching anywhere else? Everywhere only seems to mention this part which is labelled for mk2. Which makes me think there must just be one.

I think there's every chance that you're right. But I wouldn't want to take a chance with such precious cargo! Maybe you could email a UK Ford dealer and ask them???

Don't know if this email link will work for you...

https://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/contact-us/lookers-ford-chelmsford-parts-department

Is yours a hatchback or an estate?

4 minutes ago, alanfp said:

I think there's every chance that you're right. But I wouldn't want to take a chance with such precious cargo! Maybe you could email a UK Ford dealer and ask them???

Don't know if this email link will work for you...

https://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/contact-us/lookers-ford-chelmsford-parts-department

Is yours a hatchback or an estate?

It's a hatchback.

Thanks - I think you're right, I'll contact a couple of UK dealers directly and get their advice - better safe than sorry like you say! Hopefully they're more knowledgeable that their Australian colleagues!

Thanks for your help.

I was asking if you had a hatch or estate, as if it was an identical model to mine (i.e. estate) I could have asked for you, stating my registration number, but hatchback bodywork may well be different. 

P.S. Isn't it great that we can converse about this, instantly and essentially free, from the other side of the world 🙂

Good luck.

Try Ford part number 1825038  'Bracket - Child Seat Mounting'  For use on all Focus 2014 onwards (Not Mk4)

isofix.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, unofix said:

Try Ford part number 1825038  'Bracket - Child Seat Mounting'  For use on all Focus 2014 onwards (Not Mk4)

You just beat me to it!! 

Screenshot_20220404-150348.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, unofix said:

isofix.JPG

Thank you so much! I will look into this!

7 hours ago, iantt said:

You just beat me to it!! 

Screenshot_20220404-150348.png

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Jimb1177 did this work?

I've run across this thread trying to solve the exact same problem!

Yes it works on the Focus Mk3 and Mk3.5 hatchback models. It does NOT work on the Focus Mk4.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club