Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Fading

Mick Stubbins

Hi All 

I have a 2022 Ford Custom Hi Way  metallic Blue WAV  Had it about 4 weeks and as it was sunny today decided to wash and wax it   I have noticed today that i have some paint fading  On the Plastic Trim by the sliding door and on the roof above the Passenger Side  which continues down to the windscreen channel  were it meet the roof   Has any one else came across this on new vehicles   I know Ford has a Paint warranty against defects  i just hope its covered 

Car Defect 1.jpg

As above, get it straight back to the dealer ASAP. I've twice had brand new cars with defective paint so it does happen.

I've watched many 'how it's made' type shows of modern production cars, and with all the quality control in place, you'd wonder how on earth they can release a car with faulty paint! Like everyone else, take it back, keep calm, and do not accept, 'They're all like that Sir'!

8 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I've watched many 'how it's made' type shows of modern production cars, and with all the quality control in place, you'd wonder how on earth they can release a car with faulty paint! Like everyone else, take it back, keep calm, and do not accept, 'They're all like that Sir'!

From being on the transit forums/pages, there are a lot of the metallic blue ones like that.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

As above, get it straight back to the dealer ASAP. I've twice had brand new cars with defective paint so it does happen.

Hi Thank you for that  Did you get it done under the warranty ?

One was a Ford with some sort of mark in the middle of the bonnet. Ford motor company told the dealer to respray the whole bonnet. However 2 years later and a patch about 200mm x 300mm started to appear in the middle, complained to the dealership and they said "nothing to do with us". So I said no problem will just contact Ford motor company and tell them you scammed both them and me by not painting the whole bonnet. It took less than a couple of minutes to change their mind and repaint the whole thing free of charge like they had been told to do originally. I still wrote to Ford after the job was complete to bring it to their attention.

Other car was a Jaguar XF and the front bumper had a paint shadow. The dealership replaced the bumper with a new one factory painted from Jaguar.

• Like 1

I noticed issues with the paint on my Focus RS 2 weeks after I bought it new and it took me a year and a solicitor's letter to get Ford to sort it.

Because of the poor service I received from Ford with my 1st ever new car I will never buy new from Ford again.

Still a Ford man at heart but could never go through that stress again and buying 2nd hand now I'm willing to except cars may not be perfect. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club