Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air conditioning not working

Brett robertson

My 2010 Ford Fusion 1.4 tdci air conditioning won’t engage the switch lights up but the ac pump don’t engage I have replaced the fuse and relay but it’s not rectified the issue I have also bypassed the relay to check the pump and that works I have also taken the relay apart and forced the connection and that powers the pump up too but unless I force the connection or bypass the hole system it will not power up in the way it’s meant to can anyone help please 

If the gas pressure is low than the AC will not operate to prevent damage to the compressor.

I didn’t that of that I will get it checked and update 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to jump on someone else’s thread, but can anyone tell me if there are common failure points on the fusion AC system?

I have correct gas pressure, the clutch engages but there is warm air through the vents and the pipes from the evaporator  are very very hot. 

I don’t really want to start playing parts darts. 

Thanks. 

• Sad 1

What is the high side and low side gas pressure readings ?

• 3 months later...

Hello, I bought well used but nice overall condition 2007 1.4l diesel tdci with about 130k miles and 5-speed manual back in June, just in time for the incoming very hot UK summer. A/C wasn’t cooling, had the system purged and recharged. Did that twice over a month. Each time ‘cooking’ was minimal and gradually disappeared completely. Finally found a garage that knew the A/C system, did proper dye test for leaks and found the condenser was ‘porous’! In with a new condenser and recharge - cost all in about £390. I have never had as cold an A/C in any car anywhere in the world I’ve driven. Money we’ll spent! The garage reckoned that’s over the years of winters of road salt the condenser just got rotted out. I agree. So, point is, don’t be shy about really digging into the issue - yes, you may get lucky and find a minor control/regulating component replacement issue, but with a fifteen year old car like mine it’s just a likely to be a more significant major component that’s ‘given up’. I’m very glad I fixed mine - it’s a ‘keeper’!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jacksbark said:

... but with a fifteen year old car like mine it’s just a likely to be a more significant major component that’s ‘given up’. I’m very glad I fixed mine - it’s a ‘keeper’!

Expect the compressor to also give you trouble at some stage, but a used one is only about £20 on eBay...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

has anyone got any details of wiring diagram. my compressor is not coming in but cannot find much info on the wiring side of things

3 hours ago, welshdave said:

my compressor is not coming in but cannot find much info on the wiring side of things

When was the system last re-gassed ?

the compressor won't run if the gas pressure is low.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unofix said:

When was the system last re-gassed ?

the compressor won't run if the gas pressure is low.

Shall I give out my KwikFit recommendation now? LOL If you get an A/C recharge, and it doesn't work, you get a full refund. Of course you can seek out any other garage that offers the same deal...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club