Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab doesn't work mk3 non sync titanium x

Morty1977

Anyone any ideas? My dab won't work. It doesn't even give me the Manuel scan button. All I get is a loading circle then it switches to fm. Is there any way to update the non sync firmware? Sony head unit with nav 

If you have a standard 'DAB' radio then you will be limited as to the stations you can receive in your area.

You really need 'DAB+' for the UK now. It's a bit like when they phased out broadcasting analog TV.

20 minutes ago, unofix said:

If you have a standard 'DAB' radio then I think you're not going to get it to work. You need 'DAB+' for the UK now. It's a bit like when they stopped broadcasting analog TV.

I pretty much agree with much of what you post, but I have to query this one. Yes, DAB+ is prolific now with many stations now broadcasting on it. However, there are still numerous stations that still continue with standard DAB. Unlike many European countries which simply abolished DAB in favour of DAB+, the UK hasn't dismissed it totally and the 2 x standards are still in use.

I'd wonder if DAB worked in his car then suddenly stopped, indicating some kind of fault, software/aerial, or, if he has just got the car and it's never worked for him?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your info Stephen. I had just amended my post when you responded.

Yes he should still get all the main BBC stations for sure. Perhaps he has a fault with the DAB aerial pre-amp which is quite common.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I pretty much agree with much of what you post, but I have to query this one. Yes, DAB+ is prolific now with many stations now broadcasting on it. However, there are still numerous stations that still continue with standard DAB. Unlike many European countries which simply abolished DAB in favour of DAB+, the UK hasn't dismissed it totally and the 2 x standards are still in use.

I'd wonder if DAB worked in his car then suddenly stopped, indicating some kind of fault, software/aerial, or, if he has just got the car and it's never worked for him?

It's never worked had it a year now

Tried aerial says DAB on it. Had radio out everything connected. Is there some module in the rear of the car that I could check? Sure I've read it somewhere?

It is the aerial pre-amp which causes a lot of problems.

Every model seems to hide them in a different place but on the ones I've check the Focus seems to have them mounted in the tailgate behind the trim near the top edge (near the hinges). There is quite often two pre-amps, one is for the DAB and the other for SatNav ?

The DAB usually uses the heated rear window as the aerial hence the location of the pre-amp.

23 minutes ago, unofix said:

It is the aerial pre-amp which causes a lot of problems.

Every model seems to hide them in a different place but on the ones I've check the Focus seems to have them mounted in the tailgate behind the trim near the top edge (near the hinges). There is quite often two pre-amps, one is for the DAB and the other for SatNav ?

The DAB usually uses the heated rear window as the aerial hence the location of the pre-amp.

Thanks I'll check that next👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club