Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate control panel

Marcuslee

Hi please could someone help me to replace a climate control panel in my Ford focus 2021 st line please 

7 minutes ago, Marcuslee said:

Hi please could someone help me to replace a climate control panel in my Ford focus 2021 st line please 

If the car is a 2021 (your profile says both 2018 and 2021) then the car is still covered by the manufactures 3 year warranty.

• Like 1

Yes sorry about this I’ve messed up filling the information out my plate is a 21 but it was manufactured in 2018. And it’s been my fault why it’s broke lent it to a friend and he’s punched it and broke it stupid I know but I’ve bought a new one but don’t know how to fit a new one thank 

9 minutes ago, Marcuslee said:

... lent it to a friend and he’s punched it and broke...

Yep, my friends are always doing stuff like that! 🤣

• Haha 3

I’d be tempted to take it to a Ford dealer and let your friend work out how much it costs.

• Like 3

Just now, troy45 said:

I’d be tempted to take it to a Ford dealer and let your friend work out how much it costs.

Next thread - "Could someone tell me how to mend a broken nose." :unsure: 

Just be able to fix myself as I’ve new part just need to know that’s all if anyone can help 

So I'm assuming that it is an early MK4 ???

Is it Auto or Manual ?

It will take a good couple of hours and a steady hand at removing the trim (especially at the passenger side air vent).

Start by using a trim removal tool and taking off the plastic cover behind the Sync Screen. After that it's just a case of keep removing everything working your way down until you finally get to the heater controls. Then you need to take the centre section of the consul out (more difficult on the manual). Remove the two sides of the consul and undo the two bolts that hold the controls in place.

• Like 2

Thanks for this it’s a manual and it was manufactured in 2018. I’m trying to find a video but can’t find nothing at all very frustrating thank you for your help 

Good luck at finding a video, I tried about 2 years ago and never found one.

The dashboard is just built up like a tower starting at the bottom with the heater controls and finishing at the top with the Sync3 screen.

If yours is the Mk4 then the centre consul is fitted in 3 parts. It might only be necessary to remove the section around the gearstick and not the sides.

Start with the Sync3 screen. Behind it is a plastic trim cover which you need to leaver up and remove. You will then find 2 (or might be 3) bolts about 7mm if I remember correctly. You need to remove them and the screen lifts up. Unplug the connections to the screen, The little clips on the connectors are easily broken.

Next the dashboard trim that runs from the passenger side air vent to the centre two vents has to be removed. Then unbolt the centre air vents and pull them forward and off. After that you will be at the point of reaching the bolts that hold the heater controls. Put the car in 4th gear and you should have enough room to pull the controls forward and unplug the connects and remove the panel.

• Like 1

Yes it’s mk4 st line for for all this the part was only £45 online just to do the hard bit now 😂

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone managed to get it fixed at Ford for £85 with the part costing me £45 off eBay. Luckily they used the part I bought which I didn’t think they would 👏

3 minutes ago, Marcuslee said:

Thanks everyone managed to get it fixed at Ford for £85 with the part costing me £45 off eBay. Luckily they used the part I bought which I didn’t think they would 👏

LOL had a feeling after @unofix comprehensive instructions it would be a job farmed out 😆

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club