Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticking noise when accelerating

Gymfocused

Hi guys, I've noticed a new noise on Evie. It started the day before yesterday. It's a noticeable ticking noise when accelerating. Could this be the start of the tappets going? 

4 hours ago, mjt said:

("pinking")?

Well there's a term I've not heard of in many years.

You could well be correct, on a 2010 car maybe the new improved (🤔) E10 fuel isn't agreeing with it.

OP should try a couple of tank fulls of E5, if he can find it and see if the noise goes away.

I run her on momentum. Have done since the remap last year. Could it be injectors or the ti-vct mech?

I've run some redex through as well. I'm worried about something going badly wrong with the engine. 124k on the clock atm

On 8/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, TomsFocus said:

Right - ESP

Left - Passenger airbag deactivation

On 8/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, dezwez said:

doesn't mean anything no code👍

On 8/26/2022 at 4:38 PM, dezwez said:

this is what's on google  You don't need to panic if your car's check engine light turns on and says P0000. This code simply means that there is an issue with your scan tool. There's no need to take your car to the mechanic; you can safely drive it as usual. In most cases, the check engine light will turn off after a few days or weeks.

8 hours ago, unofix said:

Well there's a term I've not heard of in many years.

You could well be correct, on a 2010 car maybe the new improved (🤔) E10 fuel isn't agreeing with it.

OP should try a couple of tank fulls of E5, if he can find it and see if the noise goes away.

45 minutes ago, unofix said:

Tesco's best 😉

Every little helps !

14 minutes ago, unofix said:

When was the engine oil last changed ? is the oil level correct ?

I did an oil and filter last year. It was overdue but, has been running fine, until the noise started recently. No loss of power etc

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Gymfocused said:

I did an oil and filter last year. It was overdue but, has been running fine, until the noise started recently. No loss of power etc

Is this a high mileage issue do you think? Im hoping my engine isn't going to let go?!

Does anyone know if this is the start of the ti-vct mech going, or could it be the tensioner on the cam belt?

No codes found, just checked. Engine is sounding as per normal on idle. Can hear ticking from under the cam sprocket cover bit, that's how it normally sounds. 

• 4 months later...

Well I took Evie to the place that remapped her last year. Turns out the exhaust manifold is leaking. It's coming away from the block nearest the cam belt side!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club