Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus mk2 central locking clicking

Jameslinkdink

Hi can someone help me out. I have a Ford focus zetec mk2 2007. There Is something draining the battery. I have narrowed it Down to something to do with the central locking system. The boot keeps trying to lock itself when closed.  

They boot trys to lock itself every 15 secconds I can hear it. So I plugged out the switch for the boot and that didn't do it so plugged it the lock itself. 

I can still hear clicking in the back left of The Car in the boot on passenger side. I think this is the signal being sent to the boot to unlock. It's clicking for 5 secconds every 15 or 20 seconds. 

Anyone know exactly what's wrong? Or any possible fixes.

Thank you

Have you checked the GEM for water ingress and corrosion of the connector pins and the tracks of the circuit board ?

• Like 1

Hi it's not the gem or any fuses I don't think. I checked all the central locking fuses. there's no other electrical problems just a signal being sent to try lock the boot over and over.

I have the boot lock disconnected and I can still hear a clicking noise of the signal being sent to the boot lock. The sound it coming from the side of the boot on the passenger side 

Check the wires for breaks, plastic cover detriation in the harness were they go from the tail gate/hatch into the body work.

Will do thanks mate. Hopefully I'll be able to fix this myself I don't have money to send it to a mechanic 

• 2 weeks later...

Boot switch and the button to open it are in good condition. There's a ticking noise in the boot on the passenger side even with the boot switch and button plugged out

from memory theres a couple of modules in that area

5 hours ago, Jameslinkdink said:

Boot switch and the button to open it are in good condition..

Unless you have opened the boot switch up (as per below thread) you'll really not know what condition it's in. Very common fault, I'm on my 3rd!

• Like 1

There's a ticking noise in the boot on the passenger side even with the boot switch and button plugged out. So the problem is surely something else. I'll look into modules now see if I can find anything.

thank you

Water on boot connection causing issues, cost nothing to check...

• Thanks 1

There's a ticking noise in the boot on the passenger side even with the boot switch and boot latch lock plugged out*

• 2 weeks later...

Tried cleaning the module that didn't work. any other suggestions before I bring it to a car sparks

• 4 weeks later...

I cleaned and dried the module again and put some WD40 in it and it worked a charm the battery hasn't died since. There was alot of moisture in there I dried that out and put some sealent around the screws in the boot as the waters probably getting in there. Thanks alot lads. Absolute legends hope some good karma comes your way 😁 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club