Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument Cluster Upgrade on Ford Focus MK2

Bogdan Maxim

Hello guys

I currently own a Ford Focsu MK2 1.8TDCI 115HP and i have this instrument cluster spacer.png

And i want to upgrade it to this one  ceasuri-ford-focus-2-titanium-dc1a754e49

I want to know if its compatible with my Ford.

I want to know if it worth to buy it and if i will have anithing new except for the bigger screen.

Thx.

• Like 1

think it has to be program to your car

I believe it would be compatible from things I've seen said about this by people with more knowledge on this than I. However as just indicated, you will need to have it programmed. Every module contains vehicle-specific configuration data and this needs to be transferred across. Note that certain restrictions may be in place in the software used to transfer the config, and/or even restrictions in the software running on the module, which can potentially throw a spanner in the works, for instance the mileage is contained in this config data but there can be a restriction to block replacing the stored mileage with a smaller value. Similarly I've heard of restrictions blocking changing the stored VIN number, which could prevent the module from working when the mismatch is noticed by other modules.

You can to some extent perform the data transfer ("cloning") operation yourself with a suitable (beware not all have the same capabilities) ODB cable (e.g. ODBLink Ex) and a suitable software application such as ForScan. However note that you may need the 'extended' ForScan license, and again, you could potentially run into certain changes blocked even with that. I have no personal experience with cloning so I can't tell you for certain what blocks you might actually run into. Note that you won't need to worry about a possible mileage change block if you get one with a lower mileage than your actual mileage of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogdan Maxim said:

I want to know if it worth to buy it and if i will have anithing new except for the bigger screen.

As far as I know it's not much different:

Ford Focus RS/ST 2005 - 2012 (ME 9.0)

Couldn't you just buy an old school 'white dial' kit? Would make it look different, and no programming involved LOL

2133107222_whitedial.thumb.jpg.bbd5d15ffcef7759749bed1347cbd573.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rd457 said:

As far as I know it's not much different:

Ford Focus RS/ST 2005 - 2012 (ME 9.0)

but looks better lol

I believe the larger screen shows an image of the car and which door is open if any, whereas the smaller one just says it with text.

I also think it can display call and song information.

2 minutes ago, stevejwalford said:

I believe the larger screen shows an image of the car and which door is open if any, whereas the smaller one just says it with text...

Yep, definitely worth the upgrade then, who could be bothered reading stuff LOL :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevejwalford said:

I believe the larger screen shows an image of the car and which door is open if any, whereas the smaller one just says it with text.

I also think it can display call and song information.

it does looks good ive done the mod myself

It will work, it's a diesel one, that's the important bit.

It will need configuring and programming to your car though and you will need to reprogram the keys

I'm pretty sure you won't gain much though, I'm sure the larger screen is for automatic models

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club