Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory order question.

Dave Kopite

Good evening all, my name is Dave and I'm hoping you wise and knowledgeable heads might be able to help me.

I have ordered a new ST Line X and am very much looking forward to receiving the car at the back end of the year. 

I really like the spec of the car, but alas really don't like the alloys. However, the alloys that come as standard on the ST Line I really do like. 

I asked the dealer if it were possible to have the smaller (and therefore less expensive according to Ford's website) alloys from the ST Line put on my ST Line X order. 

He used the online configurator tool which doesn't have the option to change alloys and said he couldn't do anymore than that. He advised I could buy them as an 'accessory' at a later date! 

I can't believe this seemingly simple request isn't an option. Does anyone know a way of contacting someone within Ford who may be able to help me further? 

Many thanks in advance 

An absolutely annoying dilemma to have when specc'ing a new car and something you really shouldn't be having to worry about....

But... If the dealer can't sort this out and make it right I'd suggest looking for a set of alloys via FB market place / eBay etc and then flogging your original set via similar channels - as a brand new set you'll get good money for them and should break even on the deal, sorry I can't offer anything more constructive but that seems like you're best way forward if the dealer can't make things happen for you.

One thing I would be doing is putting in a letter of complaint to Ford, you never know that might get a result...

Fords ordering system doesn’t allow any customisation beyond the set options. Also be aware it will be classed as a modification for insurance purposes if you change the alloys from the factory fit ones. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 7:41 PM, Dave Kopite said:

I can't believe this seemingly simple request isn't an option. Does anyone know a way of contacting someone within Ford who may be able to help me further? 

This isn't just a Ford issue.  I specifically asked for smaller wheels as an adaption for health conditions on Motability and was told it's not possible.  Was also told I couldn't fit smaller wheels after sale as their insurance wouldn't allow the modification.

As Alex says, your only factory options are shown on the configurator, or you can change them after sale as long as your insurer will allow it.

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated.