Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random U0001 Code

Senidge

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help with a random issue i'm having. About a month ago I started to get a U0001 code on my 09 ford focus, which I know is the high can bus, but as soon as I turn engine off and on again the issue goes away Sometimes i can drive for about half an hour before it comes on, sometimes it happens nearly straight away. When I have the fault I also get "acceleration  reduced" on the dash and I go into limp mode. I took it to the garage but the car behaved and didn't show a fault, so they wouldn't even test it. I've tested the battery and the alternator and they both seem fine but not sure where to look next?. There have been a couple of other issues I've had recently which may be connected - The aircon is a bit noisey, sometimes when I turn the car key, the engine doesn't attempt to turn over, but the car electrics seem to light up/fan starts etc like normal. Turning off and removing the key seems to help before trying again. A couple of times I've had the engine management light come on after restarting the car but the only code I get is U0001, and I've noticed a couple of other dash lights come on for a split second, literally a flicker, while I've been driving. I've done a bit of research and all I can think is its the instrument cluster? or possibly the aircon? anyone got any other advice?

This is the common solder issue on the cluster.

Search on eBay for Focus MK2?Cmax instrument cluster repair and send it off to be resoldered

• Like 2

Yep, I concur with Dave.

I offer my own repair service for this on eBay, link below where you can also read more about the issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club