Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent popups on dash

OJT509

Hi,

I’m getting some really strange intermittent pop ups on the dashboard. Mostly when I’m coming to a complete stop. I’ll get spammed with alerts such as “Hill start assist failure.” “Auto hold failure.” “Transmission not in park” I don’t touch a thing, car is just in drive and I’ve stopped at e.g traffic lights. 

It’s just had a new battery and it’s doing plenty of miles to keep it charged up. Any ideas what’s going on? I’ve attached one photo as example I haven’t managed to catch the rest yet.

C753423B-6A9D-49B0-B0FB-A51A7E95A862.thumb.jpeg.5046f70a2de9aab3f4f8ed8bde6bb6be.jpeg

1.5 Diesel 2019 St Line X auto. 

get the codes read, also if and when it does it thump the top of the cluster see if its the dry solder issue, but shouldnt be as yours is not that old.

• Thanks 1

Mine had similar when the battery was removed the first time. Not sure why but clearing the codes sorted it and the errors never came back. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Buxty said:

Mine had similar when the battery was removed the first time. Not sure why but clearing the codes sorted it and the errors never came back. 

Thanks I’ll have to have a look at doing this. Can you recommend a device I should get to clear them off? I haven’t got one at the mo. 

Thanks. 

Yes, codes need clearing.

Possibly the camera (IPMA) needs a software update too

FORscan and a V_linker cable before Uno get in haha

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjt said:

If you just want to mostly read and reset codes with Forscan you might want to consider the manually-switched cable from Tunnelrat at half the price. Everyone used these successfully before the vLinker was introduced.

Yes you are correct Mike, I used to use the ELM327 lead without a problem.

The reason I steer people towards the vLinker cable is: (a) It's fully automatic, and therefore easy to use for those who are less sure of using FORScan. (b) It is likely to support all current and future cars up until we are all forced down the EV route. (c) The cost difference changes week by week and it's common for the TunnelRat lead to be £19.95 and for the vLinker to be £28.95 making it not so much more expensive.

• Like 2

I kept finding the manually switched cable really annoying so would recommend getting the vLinker all day. 

1 hour ago, Buxty said:

I kept finding the manually switched cable really annoying so would recommend getting the vLinker all day. 

why annoying the software just tells you to flip the switch

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unofix said:

It's fully automatic, and therefore easy to use for those who are less sure of using FORScan

I can only say that most of us were probably unsure of using Forscan at first but as James says it prompts you when to flip the switch. My cable didn't have the switch positions marked so I added some labels.

That said if I was buying today I'd probably go for the vLinker because I don't have to watch every penny but for someone who's on a tight budget and only needs it for occasional use the switched cable will do the job perfectly well.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club