Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Question please

AUDIdoTHAT

Hi,

I have a 2013 focus zetec s currently with these wheels on,

Product photo of 4 x Genuine Ford Focus zetec s 18 inch alloy wheels & Tyres

They are 18 inch Offset: 55 ,  Width: 8J

I am changing them to 19 inch Offset: 55 , Width: 8J that i just refurbed myself that i bought cheap.

offset.thumb.jpg.6c2335b28d9b185e34165266166e99d2.jpg

They are ST wheels i believe but definitely off of a focus

image.thumb.png.911b50887eb2914168f3d8d5bd345703.png

Does anyone foresee any issues ???

as somebody wants to buy my old wheels which means i will need to fit the new wheels but currently the car is not driveable and i cant test them on the road,  and once my old wheels have gone, if theres an issue with these fitment wise im knackered... So thought its best to make sure here 1st.

Any help would be appreciated.

Depending on the overall diameter change (including tyres) between the original and the replacement you will possibly need to recalibrate  the speedo/odometer.

Remember to notify the change of wheels to your insurance company to avoid any problems in the future.

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

Depending on the overall diameter change (including tyres) between the original and the replacement you will possibly need to recalibrate  the speedo/odometer.

Remember to notify the change of wheels to your insurance company to avoid any problems in the future.

ahh ok,  recalibrating  the speedo/odometer is an easy thing to do or ?

1 minute ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

recalibrating  the speedo/odometer is an easy thing to do or ?

It might not be needed it depends on weather the wheel diameter changes.

You can use FORScan software with either a vLinker FS cable or the old ELM327(modified) cable to change the wheel/tyre combination in the BCM.

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

It might not be needed it depends on weather the wheel diameter changes.

You can use FORScan software with either a vLinker FS cable or the old ELM327(modified) cable to change the wheel/tyre combination in the BCM.

ok thanks....     the tyres i have for the 19s currently are 225 35 19

the tyres on the old wheels were  235 40 18

does that change the overall as far as you know ?

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

You can use this site to play around with tyre/wheel sizes: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

The error is so small with your new wheels I'd just leave it.

wheels.JPG

Speed.JPG

ah thats great thanks mate.. appreciate it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

You can use this site to play around with tyre/wheel sizes: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

The error is so small with your new wheels I'd just leave it.

wheels.JPG

Speed.JPG

I think you answered my other question on the wheel spacers and gave me this link...

https://www.rjhautostyle.co.uk/pumaspeed-racing-15mm-5-stud-wheel-spacers---ford-focus-mk3-st-250ps-2551-p.asp

is 15 mm the right size to go with now you know the size of my wheels, or is another size better and give a better look,

I dont want crazy outside the arches by a mile etc lol. But just a nice stance compared to OEM would be nice.

Yes I would say 15mm is the correct size. If you go crazy and put wider spacers in then it will affect the handling but not in a good way.

My current OEM wheels sit a fair bit inside the arch, dosnt look great. 

image.thumb.png.44d988c65594c4f7667f6a7b11fdc08b.png

Just now, unofix said:

Yes I would say 15mm is the correct size. If you go crazy and put wider spacers in then it will affect the handling but not in a good way.

ok perfect thanks

• Like 1

All i need now is a working engine and i have a car lol. 

I bought it as a runner from a auction my dad uses, and when it turned up it barly started, but once running the guy reversed it off the lorry and as it was ticking over  i noticed smoke/steam ?  i popped the bonnet and see this

I turned it off within 20 secs, got the hose changed, then it wouldnt start and the coolant we added was trying to come out of the coolant bottle, i see it rushing back towards it, towed it to fords who say it has water in all 3 cylinders, and needs a new engine. I have been trying to get this sorted under the goodwill program fords had, but apparently because the cars is over 10 years old it misses out on there guidelines by 2 weeks. and its not looking good currently as far as them fixing it. 

The mad thing is,  I see a letter from parliament to fords, and fords reply, and fords said they notified all their dealers to rectify this issue if any effected cars come in on a service etc. well mine has had 10 services at main dealers and they have never changed it. I told fords this but im getting nowhere, the cars only done 51,000 for a 2013 car...   probably better than some newer cars that would be covered. the saga continues....  but as i said its not looking great.

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

My current OEM wheels sit a fair bit inside the arch, dosnt look great. 

image.thumb.png.44d988c65594c4f7667f6a7b11fdc08b.png

its a car - the idea is you drive it before:

Manu makes it die due through a deliberate lack of engineering integrity,
the local councils deliberate lack of road maint makes it shake apart till there is nothing left,
someone steals it, to sell parts back on eBay (even coding modules - by selling u back ones they took out)
you get taken out by another "driver"

the only sensible approach to owing a car in an affordable manner is to buy a low mileage, high spec model, that's slightly battered and run it in to the ground just doing oil changes and such - never upgrade or care what it looks like ever

6 hours ago, Botus said:

its a car - the idea is you drive it before:

Manu makes it die due through a deliberate lack of engineering integrity,
the local councils deliberate lack of road maint makes it shake apart till there is nothing left,
someone steals it, to sell parts back on ebay (even coding modules - by selling u back ones they took out)
you get taken out by another "driver"

the only sensible approach to owing a car in an affordable manner is to buy a low mileage, high spec model, that's slightly battered and run it in to the ground just doing oil changes and such - never upgrade or care what it looks like ever

You might be right..... But the vast majority of us are NOT like that, We want nice things, we look after our nice things, We want to make our nice things better,  We dont want to drive around in a clapped out old banger, But your right in the sense that there are so many dangers and obstacles  trying to stop us doing this... But that dosnt mean we should give in to these dangers and drive something crap in order to not be a target for the unscrupulous people out to get us..  Id rather catch them trying to get it and take my chances,  rather than be dictated to by them what i can and cant have 🙂

well done for taking the provocation the right way - if you want it to drive in a more sporty manner - double check the owners manual it likely lists the exact wheels and tyre sizes ford thinks are the next upgrade in handling (and associated decline in refinement and comfort).

poking out wider normally ruins the steering feel, introduces nasty undesirable bump steer, and generally makes it behave worse on the road.  Going up an inch in diameter means 1/2" less compliance, this can cause more wear on steering components and bring a heavier unwanted affect on the steering weighting

I moved my non ford car to its option18" OEM wheels from it originals and its utterly ruined the car - from quiet, reasonably refined and able to cope with UK roads its now a jiggling mess that bounces about the road and is much slower and far harder to drive - it looks better - but now knowing how it behaves I would NOT ever do it again - and I now understand even though it looks rubbish, why the standard car had the wheels and tyres it did - oh and the 18" rims are £720 each and the tyres > £250 ....

• Like 1

I prefer to go down a size or two🤣🤣

25-Via-pinterest.com_-e1527113134822.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club