Do Not Sell My Personal Information

thinking of buying a 1l Eco boost ford focus estate 2017 ??

darius.alex

Thinking of buying a 1l ecoboost ford focus 2017 but I am not sure about the engine. I previously had a1.6 l ford focus 2002 which was an amazing car and had no major troubles with it. I often do long road trips and was wondering if the 1l Eco boost would be fuel inefficient or too expensive to run compared to other engines. 

Buy the 1.5 Ecoblue and save yourself a lot of pain and expense.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You'll probably find the 1.0 EcoBoost does better miles per gallon on a long trip than the old 1.6 petrol.  I'd be disappointed with anything under 45mpg on a run from a 1.0EB.

However, if you do a bit of reading on wetbelts and coolant leaks, you'll find that the 1.0 EcoBoost is nowhere near as bulletproof as the old Zetec type engines.  One engine fault or the preventative maintenance of a wetbelt change on the 1.0EB quickly wipes out the fuel savings.

2017 is also right on the cusp of the road tax changeover.  Up to April 1st 2017 most 1.0 EcoBoosts are £30 a year tax.  From April 2017 on, they are all £180 a year in road tax.

13 hours ago, unofix said:

Buy the 1.5 Ecoblue and save yourself a lot of pain and expense.

Check the location...ULEZ zone. :sad:  Means they're probably restricted to petrol unless budget stretches to a Euro 6 diesel.

• Like 1

Or perhaps try and stretch the budget to a Mk 4 (2018 on) which has the revised 1.0 engine with a chain cam drive.

Or perhaps try and stretch the budget to a Mk 4 (2018 on) which has the revised 1.0 engine with a chain cam drive.

Hi Eric, what month in 2018, did this change. I have a 2018 and its fitted with a belt according to Haynes.

Kind regards

Tom

If it’s a mk4 it should be a chain. 

The last of the mk3.5s in 2018 would have been belt. 

Easy to tell. The turbo is at the front for a wet belt and at the rear for a chain. The flow across the head was reversed for the redesign.

18 hours ago, fuzzy felt bloke said:

Hi Eric, what month in 2018, did this change. I have a 2018 and its fitted with a belt according to Haynes.

I see the other guys have answered already but yes, the Mk 4 got chain from the start, the Mk 3.5 was wet belt to the end. Chain top pic below (later Mk 4s may not have a cover), belt bottom pic.

1673348997743843963585.jpg

IMG_20190308_100132_hdr.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club