Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flipping Focus Mk2 boot handle - again!!

StephenFord

I am now on my 3rd boot handle (1st original Ford, following 2 cheap eBay replacements). The 3rd has now given up the ghost after 9 months operation. Not critical as boot will still open with a double press of the key fob, but annoying nonetheless.  I already have a 4th ready to go, but this time I have used gorilla sealant around the rubber boot of the handle to see if that will keep water out of the darn thing. I'll report back if/when if fails just to record how long it lasts. If genuine Ford ones weren't nearly £100 as opposed to £7, I might even consider one in future!

• Sad 1

Hopefully that will work for you, but this sounds like a good source for a genuine part if you need it - £54 - not "nearly £100".

https://vospersparts.com/genuine-ford-fiesta-focus-c-max-kuga-galaxy-s-max-mondeo-and-transit-boot-tailgate-release-switch.html

Apologies if it's not the right part for your car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club