Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranger convenient outlet without power

shepherdranger

1 minute ago, shepherdranger said:

Can someone confirm, the inverter is located under the bed?

To be fair, your car here in the UK is about £44,000. It's a brand new model, and not many folk will have the knowledge of where exactly the inverter is located as it would still be under warranty, where your dealer would be able to sort. But, best of luck anyway...

• Like 1

Inverter is under left front seat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check fuse 2 10a in body control module. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 5:46 PM, iantt said:

Inverter is under left front seat

Thank you for that information.

I know this is a dumb question, but how do I access the inverter?

2 hours ago, shepherdranger said:

Thank you for that information.

I know this is a dumb question, but how do I access the inverter?

I guess you need to have a look first. Maybe hidden under the carpet. So seat unbolted and manourvere carpet. 

• Like 1

The ones without inverter has just a bit of carpet . Think the ones with inverter will have a removable trim over the inverter

16838137603793269849239444607745.jpg

Hmm, I did a quick look on both front seats (we have the left-hand drive) and I found out that there are a lot of cables and connectors under the seats. An electric chair. Looks complicated to me. Maybe it's the seat heater.  Hahaha.

Is the led on the AC outlet flashing or on? 

Not a sign of power. No dim light or any flashing light.

Ok have you checked fuse 2 10 amp in bcm? And I think you checked fuse 36 60 amp already? If both of those are ok, it sounds like the inverter is broke. Needs a code reader ideally to see what dtc codes in the bcm. 

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

Ok have you checked fuse 2 10 amp in bcm? And I think you checked fuse 36 60 amp already? If both of those are ok, it sounds like the inverter is broke. Needs a code reader ideally to see what dtc codes in the bcm. 

Or failing that, being a brand new 2023 car, a trip to the dealer when convenient may also be a sound decision...

• Like 3

I will be in the city (93km away) tomorrow for an important government office visit and might as well drop by at a dealer for the inverter or CO checkup.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2023 at 4:20 PM, shepherdranger said:

I will be in the city (93km away) tomorrow for an important government office visit and might as well drop by at a dealer for the inverter or CO checkup.

Well, did the dealer sort you out, and if so, what did they do??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Well, did the dealer sort you out, and if so, what did they do??

Well....... he did look back in on the forum on the day he said he was going to " important government office visit" so I'd assume that he did what he said he was going to do and visit the dealer. They probably fixed it there and then as dealers often do (tongue-in-cheek), and the OP was excited and forgot to up date the forum 🤣

• Haha 1

I visited the ford center yesterday, and the technician told me that the truck bed outlet got busted. The outlet has some electronic circuitry that got fried. It also affected the second-row outlet inside the car as both CO are in series.

The replacement part will be here in a week.

The technician also confirmed the inverter's location, it's under the driver's seat.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

After waiting for three months, I finally received a call from Ford notifying me that the spare part had arrived. I went to the Ford center on August 17th, and it consumed my whole day to have the issue resolved. The service invoice listed an ABS software update, an FDRS software update, and the replacement of the Bed panel AC socket. Interestingly, the billing also included an item named "Cradle Mobile Phone", priced at approximately 80 USD (or 4,424 Philippine pesos).

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club