Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Fiesta cluster dimmed

Flipper2023

Good afternoon All

I have a 2014 ecoboost model and the central display on the cluster has dimmed to the point I cant read it which in turn means I cant read the mileage and it will fail the MOT.

Simplest solution, I think, is to replace the cluster does anyone know if, in doing so, will I lose any of the information especially the mileage, or any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks a lot 

Phil  

Just a thought 

Are you sure you haven't dimmed the display 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny cj said:

Just a thought 

Are you sure you haven't dimmed the display 

Certainly worth checking - appreciate the response   would be bliss, if embarrassing, if thats the case

Nope display not dimmed so buying a second hand cluster and fingers crossed the mileage is stored in the ECU but i dont think it is...

3 minutes ago, Flipper2023 said:

Nope display not dimmed so buying a second hand cluster and fingers crossed the mileage is stored in the ECU but i dont think it is...

The cluster is part of the PATS system.  Can't just swap in a used one.  The mileage is also stored on the clocks.

5 hours ago, Flipper2023 said:

Nope display not dimmed so buying a second hand cluster

Bad idea !!

You at least need the replacement to have the mileage LESS than your car, the programme FORScan can only adjust the mileage upwards for security reasons.

Also since 2013 FORScan can no longer code keys back in to the car, so you're going to need a Ford dealer or a master auto locksmith with the right equipment.

One other option is to keep your original IC and to swap the display over from the replacement unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much to you both ... well noted.

Thinking the display swap is the only sensible solution - if fiddly . 

Thanks again