Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering

Jimpster

I did say the other week about having to be recovered by the AA as the pump had gone. UPDATE -- its not the pump but the hoses, my guy been waiting 2 days for them to come in and when they did they're the wong ones. He's had to go direct to Ford as mine is on the cusp of 2-2.5 on a 6 month only build option, and they cant get them till Monday. He was supposed to be going away next week but now cancelling to finish my car off.

He's cleaned out the pump, changed the union, vacced thru the system. Got all new belts in as the ones on were soaked in oil. Hopefully I'll get her back Monday.

I expect it should be full of ford green PAS fluid - if he used the red rubbish the pump will further self destruct as running it dry has just about wiped it out already - and this old red rubbish was never meant to have been in there (but, double check correct specs listed in the handbook - which note may not agree with wot the lazy manu plant did using up of stocks when it was likely wrongly built....)  red rubbish overheats and becomes a nice silver grey mess inside 6 months - whereas the ford green will stay happy for a further >5 years

• Like 2

It didnt run dry as soon as it started squealing i pulled over, and the AA guy filled to the brim and said to pull over and he'd top up again at the slightest  sound, Cheers for the heads up on fluid coour will relay to my mech.

Got my baby back today, it was the seal on the union that had failed, but you have to butcher the pipes to get at it to replace. So new union, all belts replaced and all pulleys degreased as going squidgy, new pipes from Ford and the green fluid Ford agreed it should be that to my guy after he told them i'd spec'd it, it had red in it that was severely discoloured. £156 inc for the pipes cheers Ford, in total £310.00 for the whole job, damn good price. My guy never lets me down on price or performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimpster said:

My guy never lets me down on price or performance.

Whats he like on a Sony laptop service and upgrade ? 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Whats he like on a Sony laptop service and upgrade ? 🤣

Clueless he comes to me for anything IT