Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver's door-lock for Fusion.

SteveJS

I need to change the door lock mechanism on the driver's door of my 2007 Fusion because the door-ajar switch is faulty (it measures anywhere between 20 and 100 ohms closed). I have shorted the connection to earth at the G.E.M, so the central locking works now, but I'd still like to fix it properly - it can get confusing when the system thinks the door is permanently closed, and it is possible to fire the alarm inadvertently!

Fusion parts are much less common than those for the Fiesta, and the mechanism looks similar, but I don't know if they are interchangeable. On eBay I found one for a Fusion, but I hesitated because it had some broken plastic and I did not know enough of its construction to know if I could combine it with my own to make an unbroken unit. Its part number was 2N11N219A64ACH.

Fiesta mechanisms for the 2002 -2008 models all seem to have part numbers 2S51B219A64 or 2S61A219A64 followed by 2 or 3 letters, which suggests that they are not interchangable with the Fusion, but is the business part of the unit common between Fusion and Fiesta (and possibly other models?) and could it be interchanged with my own to make a working Fusion lock?

Advice would be much appreciated. I would like to get what I need before I start what appears to be rather a long complicated job.

Thanks for those. The first one is for a UK RHD car, and confirms the number of the one I found on eBay, but also seems be another one with broken plastic! They must be hard to get out. Not sure of the 2nd: what would be the difference between number ending ACH and AEE?

Not sure which bit of broken plastic you are referring to. as the image shows the lock mounted in the mechanism which you do not need.

When I did my nearside, I took out the loudpeaker to make it a little easier.  I also recommend cleaning the window mechanism runners and putting on some fresh grease !.

I have just done a  nearside two door Fiesta, which was the same part as the Fusion.  The Fiesta had been done previously.... circular foam pads over window mechanism release points were just punctured, rather than gently peeled off, cable carrier was not reclipped to the door, but bodged with a cable tie, cable release fronm interior door handle had been glued to the door lock because the clip had been broken, and the new lock had been installed without the seal, and showed signs of rust from water ingress....

Fusion Doorlock (1).JPG

If you have not done this before, apart from all the other palaver, I find unclipping the cable release from the door panel difficult finding it hard to squeeze the retaining clip.

Cable Release Clip.jpg

7 minutes ago, Paulkp said:

Not sure which bit of broken plastic you are referring to. as the image shows the lock mounted in the mechanism which you do not need.

Many thanks for the info. If the part you have pictured, Paulkp, is all I need, then you have answered my questions about whether I can cannibalise my own with a Fiesta mechanism, or one with broken plastic. Should I stick to Fusion/Fiesta or would other models (eg. Focus) have the same part? I am guessing that if I bought a part from newer marks of Fiesta it might not work (eg. the electrical connector might be different)?

I would think only Fiesta/Fusion door locks would fit.

image.thumb.png.26ca4b1a26c9582d4b7777b34eb5f714.png

Catcar shows 5 different RH locks for Fiesta/Fusion,

http://ci.catcar.info/ford_2017_01/euro/11120/g010116710.png

I had never come across Catcar before. Thanks for the incredibly useful information! I had not imagined there were actually so many varieties.

So I just need to be looking for a unit from a Fusion/Fiesta made between 03/11/2003 and 15/06/2012, which should be fairly easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to reawaken this thread; I'm getting myself a bit confused about "dead- locks"! I have worked out that dead-locks means the same as the "double-locking" in the handbook. eBay door-lock sellers sometimes mention dead-locks, and sometimes not. I did not know if my Fusion had double-locking, but I tried locking by pressing the key button twice (with the passenger window open) and sure enough the interior handle did not work.

The Catcar page posted by paulkp show two locks; '1372462', which does not mention dead-locks, and '1372463' which does. Would both these in fact have dead-locks?

16 minutes ago, SteveJS said:

Would both these in fact have dead-locks?

No.

So is there any way I can identify which has and which hasn't, from appearance or part numbers?

11 minutes ago, SteveJS said:

So is there any way I can identify which has and which hasn't, from appearance or part numbers?

They look virtually identical so you would have to check part numbers.  Unfortunately the Finis number from the catalogue won't be on the part.  You either have to cross reference with the long part number from your own part, or take the number from a part on eBay that you trust to be listed correctly - such as one from a Ford dealer for example.

Thanks. They don't make life easy, do they!

• Like 1

Try putting your VIN into Catcar - or go to your Ford and ask him the price - and when you curl up, ask him for the FINIS.

Thanks Paul. I did that before and navigated to what I thought was the page you have shown, but did not realise that it was actually different, since it was now based on my own VIN. I've done it again and it shows the left and right locks, with dead-locks. The RH is 1372463. I've kept a bookmark for the Fusion lock I mentioned in an earlier post (which has sold) and the VIN was given, so I can confirm it was the right lock! If I can stick to eBay listings where I can confirm the VIN, I should be sure of getting the right one.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club