Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anybody know what this is for?

Vancat

Hi, I'm a new member here, and this is my first post. I recently bought a 57 plate 1.4 TDCi Fusion in excellent condition. In amongst the documents the dealer gave me was this tool, and I haven't got a clue what it is for! Can anybody enlighten me?

20230831_175719.jpg

Perhaps it gets the panel off the front to access the towing hook port

• Like 1

It is the official tool that is used to remove the hubcaps that cover the wheel nuts.

Most people (and tyre fitters) use a flat head screwdriver but this is the tool that Ford designed for this purpose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, JW1982 said:

It is the official tool that is used to remove the hubcaps that cover the wheel nuts.

Most people (and tyre fitters) use a flat head screwdriver but this is the tool that Ford designed for this purpose.

Yes, of course! I suppose it could also be used as Matt, above, suggests

1 minute ago, Vancat said:

I suppose it could also be used as Matt, above, suggests

Yes, and also very handy for taking the lid off a tin of paint 😉

• Like 2

It's a special tool to jab, aggressively, into your earhole, until death, or acceptance of the fact that the fault you have taken your car into the dealer for is a characteristic of the car

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question for the OP - do you have a spare wheel, or a pump and a can of goooo....?

Our Fusion came with a can of goo, but perhaps that tool was supplied to cars that had spare wheels ???

11 minutes ago, Paulkp said:

Our Fusion came with a can of goo, but perhaps that tool was supplied to cars that had spare wheels ???

It's also only for cars with alloys that have the large centre cap covering the wheel nuts.  If you have alloys with visible nuts and the small centre cap, it's not required.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, Paulkp said:

Question for the OP - do you have a spare wheel, or a pump and a can of goooo....?

Thanks, but it seems to be for hooking out the centre caps of the alloy wheels on my car. As others have suggested.

Yes it is for hooking out the plastic centre trim, but perhaps I should have said, "....was only supplied to vehicles with spare wheels".

We had gooo, so not expected to change a wheel by the roadside - but call for roadside assistance !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club