Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lights upgrade from halogen to fully LED

Anatoly

Hi all , 

recently bought a S-Max and is quite amazing , unfortunate did not come with fully LED instead is halogen bulbs 

the installed halogen comes with auto-lights mechanism  so should be double  shouldn’t it ? 

• Confused 1

Totally agree, it's a really surprising and well built car (coming from a Benz).

The LED headlights seems to go for £500 per side second hand - so, I'm not sure it's worth doing financially. 

LED H7 bulbs do exist these days but I'm not really sure about the beam pattern through the projector headlights.

Perhaps some more experienced people will chime in with tip, tricks and expertise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anatoly said:

so should be double  shouldn’t it ? 

🤔

double what ?

Auto headlights is now a legal requirement on all UK and European cars irrespective of the type of lights they have. 

• Thanks 1

I put these in my 2016 smax. 

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-twenty20-projector-led-headlight-bulbs-pair.html

Massive improvement from the halogen. They are very good for improved visibility, specifically designed for projector lenses and have got through mots with no issues. 

They are not cheap at near on £80 a set but free replacements if they fail.

22 hours ago, unofix said:

🤔

double what ?

Hence my initial 'confused' icon LOL

If it's a simple H7 LED bulb you're after, I fitted these (£20!)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 6:25 PM, Anatoly said:

Hi all , 

recently bought a S-Max and is quite amazing , unfortunate did not come with fully LED instead is halogen bulbs 

the installed halogen comes with auto-lights mechanism  so should be double  shouldn’t it ? 

Hi chaps , what I meant is that the Car already has the all the auto lights set it up , and by changing the entire halogen system to the fully adaptive LED lights system that are come already to some of the S-Max from 2018 year shouldn’t be to much trouble , shouldn’t it ?

is frustrating that older cars have it , and this one doesn’t ……..

one of my friend has the same year S-Max with weaker engine but has better options one of them being LED system lights …. 
if anyone can recommend where can I get these light and if anyone done it before without any trouble   please let me know . 

1DA1ACE6-D2BB-4A85-8A87-A95EADF0E6C7.jpeg

2 hours ago, Anatoly said:

shouldn’t be to much trouble , shouldn’t it ?

You can not legally convert the halogen headlights to ........

2 hours ago, Anatoly said:

the fully adaptive LED lights system

The best you can do is change the halogen lamps to LED lamps (See Stephen Fords reply above). It is still technically illegal to do that in the UK, and if the change is noticed when the vehicle goes for an MOT it will fail.

UK vehicle lighting regulations are very clear on what changes are permitted to the cars lights. It is also worth remembering that changes to the vehicle should be notified to your insurance company.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club