Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

EU Proposal For Repairing Older Cars

Turvey

https://euroweeklynews.com/2024/01/12/eus-controversial-car-laws-vs-repairing-older-vehicles/

Now I know that we, the UK, are no longer part of the EU, but if this goes ahead what are your thoughts on if the UK will follow?

Kinda worrying for folk who have classic cars as well. 

• Sad 2

The cynical amongst us might view it as the thin end of the wedge. The article, and comments from our members in various countries, suggests that the take up of zero emission vehicles (in effect, EVs) has been, so far, less than enthusiastic in many places.

This could be a first step in eliminating the alternative of keeping older vehicles going as long as possible, but as ever the devil will be in the detail

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Turvey said:

https://euroweeklynews.com/2024/01/12/eus-controversial-car-laws-vs-repairing-older-vehicles/

Now I know that we, the UK, are no longer part of the EU, but if this goes ahead what are your thoughts on if the UK will follow?

Kinda worrying for folk who have classic cars as well. 

I thought I couldn't get any angrier at government intervention on the motorist, I was wrong. This is appalling. Also, isn't it fundamentally 'green' to repair/recycle rather than producing new? The whole thing smacks of bureaucratic rubbish designed by folk who ride bicycles...

• Like 1

@Eric Bloodaxe that's the way I was thinking it might go unfortunately.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Also, isn't it fundamentally 'green' to repair/recycle rather than producing new? 

Also, my views entirely 👍

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club