Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with key fob

Nomad72

HI all

I have  a 2010 2.0l Galaxy.  When I bought the car it came with 3 keys.  All work fine in ignition and door, but ONLY ONE would lock and unlock car by using the fob buttons.  Unfortunately, this key has now reached the end of the road through ware and tear.    So I have two keys that start the car but can't lock and unlock!?!  I am guessing that because the keys work in the ignition they have been coded correctly?  I have tried turning them in the ignition 5 and 6 times to see if that works......it doesn't.  I am wondering if I am missing something simple or if the keys just need to be replaced?  Any help appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Nomad72 said:

... So I have two keys that start the car but can't lock and unlock!?! ...

Do you not have a keyhole in the drivers door in which the metal blade can fit in, so you have the ability to lock/unlock?

1 hour ago, Nomad72 said:

I am guessing that because the keys work in the ignition they have been coded correctly? 

The 'Transponder' chip which is what the car reads to allow the car to be started is totally separate to the programming needed for the remote lock/unlock to work.

I guess that your other two keys (assuming they are the type with buttons) have not be programmed in to the car.

See page 33 of the Owners Handbook for instructions on programming the remote function.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3533_GLX_og_200908.pdf

page 33.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unofix said:

The 'Transponder' chip which is what the car reads to allow the car to be started is totally separate to the programming needed for the remote lock/unlock to work.

I guess that your other two keys (assuming they are the type with buttons) have not be programmed in to the car.

See page 33 of the Owners Handbook for instructions on programming the remote function.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/ENUSA_CG3533_GLX_og_200908.pdf

page 33.JPG

Thanks a million.  Managed to resolve using this.  The YouTube videos were a bit off the mark.....the owners manual was better.  I should really seek one out 🙂  Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, Nomad72 said:

....the owners manual was better.  I should really seek one out 🙂  ...

You do know that @unofix supplied you with a link above to get the manual?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club