Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit Connect will not start

Tobocop

Hi everyone!

I have an Transit Connect 1.8TDCi -2012. For a couple of months ago we get a problem with the car. The enginelight turned on but the car was running normaly.

After a while we read the system and find a faultycode for DPF. The car is, what we called din Sweden, an A-tractor which means that we couldn´t drive faster than 30 km/h.

Because of that the DPF was cleared out and after that we did a DPF- and EGR delete in the ECU. When we leave the workshop the car was very powerless.

We had erase all codes and read it again. Now we only have IAT sensor circuit high input. The sensor works fine. The temperatur is the same like all the other sensors. When I warm it up I get emediatly response in the diagnostic reader. I have done the same with the charge temperature located after the intercooler with no issues.

We have olso checked the timing by set the crankshaft in the right position and then checked the camshaft. Even this looks right. I got a feeling about incorrect injection. I looked in the diagnostic reader and get about 345 bar pressure and a "OK to start" After that I picked up the injectors and took them to a diesel workshop (Bosch dieselservice) for a control. There was no problem with the opening and the vapor looks OK. He measured the coils and one of them where out of the range but works. He told me to install the injectors on the pipes but not in the engine. Then crank and see if we get fuel. All the injectors works well. OK, so whats next. The compression? I run to the lokal toolshop and by a compressionetst kit. Installed the injectors and loosen the glowplugs. Then tested the cylinders one by one. Cyl 1 = 17, Cyl 2= 20, Cyl 3 = 23, Cyl 4 = 17 kg/cm2 (bar) It´s a little to big difference between the cylinders, BUT we did it with a cool engine and we have´nt started since januari. I think the result have been better with a warm engine.

Now I´ve no more ideas.... What am I missing? Can I have wrong timeing on the injectors? I have no faultcodes on either the camshaft- or crankshaft position sensor

Thankful for every suggestions....

If it only started after the DPF & EGR removal then it sounds like a bad remap on the ECU.

Sorry, I missed some important information. The car was in the same condition before the visit to upgrade the ECU for delete DPF & EGR...

Talked to another technican yesterday, he suspect that the glowplug dosen´t works. Apparently the engine needs functionally glowplugs even in quite warm conditions. I had about 17 degress in the garage but it´s not enough to start. That will be the next thing to examine.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tobocop said:

Talked to another technican yesterday, he suspect that the glowplug dosen´t works. Apparently the engine needs functionally glowplugs even in quite warm conditions. I had about 17 degress in the garage but it´s not enough to start. That will be the next thing to examine.

That is not correct.  These engines use common rail direct injection, they will still start even below 10c without glowplugs. 

The battery is probably low on charge now as it hasn't been run for a while.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club