Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttering?!

essexfocus

Hey all,

I need some help with a little problem and i'm hoping someone on here can help!?

I've got a 2.0Tdci Focus Titanium and when pulling away and going through the gears, i get a stutter in power, it seems to happen as i reach about 2000 rpm and continues each time i move up through the gears, when the rev's drop the problem goes, at first i thought it may be a blockage in the fuel filter but thats been replaced in a service i have just had and the problem is still there.

Any suggestions as to what may be the problem will be greatly accepted!!

Many thanks in advance!!

Paul

sounds like a split intercooler pipe which is the pipe from the bottom of the egr valve, have you got an increase in black smoke?

• 2 weeks later...

Or the dreaded egr valve needs cleaning or a good one fitting like I am gonna get done on mine soon.

I have a simular problem only it just in 1st gear it seems to pull back/lose power for a few seconds then its fine going through the rest of the gears.Could it be the same problem as pauls.

zev

I have a simular problem only it just in 1st gear it seems to pull back/lose power for a few seconds then its fine going through the rest of the gears.Could it be the same problem as pauls.

zev

The first thing I would try is the wynns egr spray treatment, cleans out your system and it's easy to do and really cheap at about £7 a tin, I had a stuttering problem used this stuff and it sorted it.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know where i would find the EGR valve on my 2.0 tdci engine? is it easy to get to?

Many thanks

Yes mine stutters between 1200 and 1800 revs especially if my trying to crawl along in traffic.