Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuses.

porkchop 64

Evening all, just changed a couple of the mini fuses on the car and it got me thinking,if I were to put a fuse in one of the empty slots would it activate said item. I've no clue about cars so ridicule me if you wish I have broad shoulders. 

Probably not.  The hardware is unlikely to be fitted, even if the wiring is.  Was there a particular feature you wanted to try?

3 hours ago, porkchop 64 said:

of the empty slots would it activate said item.

No, is the quick answer.

I saw the empty slot that would activate day running lights, but being mine is a standard focus I doubt it would have worked as you pointed out. 

The UK 2008 Focus was not built with DRL

There is a way to get daytime running lights working on mk2.5 Focus, at least for cars with auto headlamps. Needs a couple of fuses fitting, a relay and a link adding to the wiring plugs for the GEM. 

The auto headlamps then stay on (switch in Auto position) and in reality then just turn on the tail lamps when it decides it’s dark enough. 

• Like 1

No, you would still have to configure the relevant module to turn the feature on, providing the relevant hardware is fitted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club