Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error message flashing up on dash quickly

Ford C-Max 2013 plate Ecpboost 1.0l

I had this issue about a year ago but then it went away for literally half the year but now it has come back. The dash makes a chiming sound and for less than a second an error pops up then disappears again. This only happens when the engine is on. I only recently took a video of it to see what the error message is and it's mostly Parking aid malfunction, service now and brake fluid low (which it is not).

The car just passed it's MOT a week ago as well so it would be good to get an idea of where to start looking for the issue before handing off to a garage. 

Here are a few videos of the issue 

I wonder if the brake pressure from the servo is low. 

Have you head the wet belt changed? It was due last year and we’re starting to see issues of belt degradation blocking the vacuum pump. 

• Like 1

Possibly faulty cluster soldering?  That warning flashes on and off so quickly I don't think it's genuinely being triggered.

If it is genuinely being triggered then the master cylinder seals could be leaking slightly, allowing the level to drop until the pedal is pressed and the fluid is then pushed back up again.

Not sure why park aid would malfunction with low brake fluid so that does add to it seeming more like an electrical fault.

Might be worth scanning to see what faults are logged.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I wonder if the brake pressure from the servo is low. 

Have you head the wet belt changed? It was due last year and we’re starting to see issues of belt degradation blocking the vacuum pump. 

The wet belt was actually changed about 10 months ago as even though car had only done 33,000 miles it was 10 years old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Possibly faulty cluster soldering?  That warning flashes on and off so quickly I don't think it's genuinely being triggered.

If it is genuinely being triggered then the master cylinder seals could be leaking slightly, allowing the level to drop until the pedal is pressed and the fluid is then pushed back up again.

Not sure why park aid would malfunction with low brake fluid so that does add to it seeming more like an electrical fault.

The issue seems to be more common the warmer it is. During the colder months no issue but now we are warming up past 15 the issues seems to have reappeared. Same with my "turbo/boost" cutting out under heavy load although my garage seems to think that's something to do with oil into a valve of some sort. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, cc2k said:

The issue seems to be more common the warmer it is. During the colder months no issue but now we are warming up past 15 the issues seems to have reappeared. Same with my "turbo/boost" cutting out under heavy load although my garage seems to think that's something to do with oil into a valve of some sort. 

Hmm.  Both turbo & brakes rely on vacuum from the vac pump.  But from two different take-off points.  Usually a faulty vac pump one-way valve only affects the turbo.  They might mean one of the solenoid valves instead though.

Electrical resistance increases with heat so could still be electrical.  The engine bay obviously gets hot all year round, so more likely to be something inside the cabin if it is electrical.

Sadly, with multiple noticeable faults, I'm not sure there's any specific part they're pointing to at the moment.  Having the fault codes read with Ford specific diags would be the best way to go next.  But I fear you'll have several 'glitch' fault codes which will make it more difficult to see the wood for the trees.

4 hours ago, cc2k said:

The wet belt was actually changed about 10 months ago as even though car had only done 33,000 miles it was 10 years old. 

I recall there's mention in this thread of debris blocking the vacuum pump oil feed, and @RayC333 mentioned surprisingly rapid signs of degradation in a fairly new belt which he replaced again.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/131131-no-oil-getting-to-turbocharger-10-ecoboost/page/2/#comments

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club