Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine doesn't warm up

oliverlesauvage

Hi,

My engine does not warm up when driving. I am wondering if the coolant thermometer is broken. The dashboard never shows more than 1 bar of heat when driving, but if going very slowly and then stop at a traffic light for example, eventually it rises. User manual also states that auto-start stop wont work unless the engine is warm, however it works even if i've got no bars of heat. Any advice?

Thanks

The usual culprit is the thermostat.

I'm not 100% but the 1.0 might have 2.

• Like 1

I had the same symptoms happening on my 2014 1.0 ecoboost not too long ago. I replaced my thermostat at a cost of about £34 from Dorset Auto Spares. That price included the new housing. Easy to do, and took about 45 minutes. My average MPG went back up as well

• Like 1

Yeah, just to echo what the others have said for added confidence, it'll almost certainly be the thermostat (the 'conventional' one on the right-hand side of the engine when viewed from the front) sticking open. A seemingly common failure on the Ecoboost; not sure quite why as the design and operating principle is exactly the same as on any other engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club