Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8Tdci - Wooshing Noise When Accelerating

wideawakewesley

Morning all,

New to the forum

This noise started on my focus lastnight. Sounds like a jet engine suddenly climbed under the bonnet. i have looked this morning and have found the split on the house going into my turbo.

This is a reallysilly question but what is the pipe actually called as im having trouble trying to find one lol

Thank you :)

• 9 months later...

I also have this problem but I drive a  Ford Galaxy TD 2008. I can't  fix it myself as I'm disabled. Could it be the same thing? Only asking as being female I have often been ripped off financially when  comes the bill. My own mechanic is ill at present so I'll have  to take it to someone I've never used before and I think it may go better if I appear to know what  I'm  talking about. Not  saying that all garages are unscrupulous it's just that I  was recently stung again when charged for parts during MOT (front bushes and an unspecified bolt) that were neither required or actually fitted and I am now a bit wary of garages I would not usually use. Thank you

more than likely, and assuming its easy to find the split or loose hose, it should be easy enough to fix it, anyone whos used a spanner will probably be able to do it, depending whats actually wrong and where its at.  which engine do you have? 1.8 or 2l? folk might be able to guide you to the right area to check it out, if you can find the problem and tell them exactly whats wrong it should cost you a lot less, but it really might be as simple as a clip that's slipped off a hose so it would be wise to get someone to get in and have a look about

3 hours ago, Socialpsychoeve said:

I also have this problem but I drive a  Ford Galaxy TD 2008. I can't  fix it myself as I'm disabled.

These split intercooler hoses are quite a common problem. The noise should only appear with moderate to large throttle opening, as the turbo does little at low engine power.

There are other possibilities, like damage to the intercooler (the small "radiator" right at the front of the car).

The prices of the hoses may vary a lot. Focus hoses are often available on eBay & similar outlets. Rarer hoses may only be available from Ford, and be a lot more expensive.

One good thing with this problem, is that the damage is usually easily visible when removed.

I think you will have to be direct with the garage, say you have been "seen off" before, make it clear you will want to see the damaged parts and the reciepts for the new parts. You don't want them charging you Ford prices & fitting a cheapy off eBay.

If they are not happy with that, try somewhere else.

Peter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club