Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec 1.4 Feels A Bit Flat

JohnWB

My wife has just got a 2009 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in excellent condition with 7000 miles on the clock (genuine) & has just been serviced by the local Ford main dealer.

If you are going along & push the throttle down a little bit it accelerates away quite well.

If you then put the throttle down more it does not seem to accelerator very much faster, but if you ease of the pedal back a bit then it seems to pick up.

It does not seem to matter if you are doing say 2000 rpm or 4000 rpm.

It just seems not quite right to me, it gets up to speed ok, but does not have the urge i would have expected for the 1.4. it is doing around 40 mpg on average journeys.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions as to what to check, or this normal.

the 1.4 is a let down, you may as well have got a better version of the 1.25 as it offers similer real world performance as the 1.4. if you wanted a quick engien the 1.6 is the one to go for.

Ive just bought a 1.4 titanium and its great... no problems what so ever.

Im getting about 43 ~ 45mpg around town in a petrol version.

Ive just bought a 1.4 titanium and its great... no problems what so ever.

Im getting about 43 ~ 45mpg around town in a petrol version.

Thanks for that, it's what I was expecting.

It just seems as though it needs a small adjustment or something to put it right but what to do.

Any suggestions anyone please.

JohnWB i agree with you.

"Software updates"

I have done 19200 miles in mine and it feels better than it did at 7000 miles.

Jamie

I always feel like 1st gear just doesn't give a good jump in speed like 2nd and 3rd, when i reach in the higher rpm's i can see a mini boost in these gears. I have no complaints on the highway considering i'm in the south west, it does a good job in overtaking and staying in 3rd or 4th gear going up giant sized hills.(View is nice though going down hill)

My machine has only done 980 miles almost at the 1000 mark since i got it back in february.

JohnWB i agree with you.

"Software updates"

I have done 19200 miles in mine and it feels better than it did at 7000 miles.

Jamie

Jamie, thanks for that.

When you say "Software dates" do you mean by the dealer as it has just been serviced & i would have expected them to do that during the service

I've got a 1.25 (82PS), to which I've added a Scangauge (http://www.scangauge.com/)

There's a gauge called Throttle Position Sensor, which almost reaches its maximum value of 100 when the pedal is only depressed about halfway. The second half of the pedal travel seems to have little effect on the engine, except that the fuel/air feedback loop goes open circuit when the pedal is near the floor, which might provide a bit more power.

In other words, on my car there's not much point in depressing the accelerator pedal more than halfway.

• 3 months later...

Had mine in for service the other day and as its drives the same as yours asked about software updates, was told there wasn't any for my car. Its a 1.25. Rather dissappointed with it.

While waiting I had a test drive of an Ibiza 1.2 TSI, now that was quite quick.

why not pop along to your local dealer and ask to test drive a random approved used 1.4 on the forecourt, pretend you're interested in it. see if it feels the same as yours

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club