Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Switching Off Auto Air Con

Ricksta77

Please could someone help? As soon as I start my car up (Festa Eedge 2012) the Air Con automtically fires up? I was wondering if it was possible to stop this coming on by itself (im assuming its to do with the current temp) In the book it does state to hold the "auto" button on the fan dial. Unfortunatly, I do not have this button, But surely I shouldn't have to turn my air con off everytime I gt in the car? Sometimes I like to just open a window lol.

Thanks again for putting up with my daftness. :P

Please could someone help? As soon as I start my car up (Festa Eedge 2012) the Air Con automtically fires up? I was wondering if it was possible to stop this coming on by itself (im assuming its to do with the current temp) In the book it does state to hold the "auto" button on the fan dial. Unfortunatly, I do not have this button, But surely I shouldn't have to turn my air con off everytime I gt in the car? Sometimes I like to just open a window lol.

Thanks again for putting up with my daftness. :P

I believe, if you have your blower set to windscreen AC always stays on, I think. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Your a Gent... Thanks alot. I think this was the case :P

I currently have an Edge as a temporary car whilst my Zetec S is being built, and when you put the blower onto the windscreen the air con comes on automatically to clear the wind screen quicker.

You can stop the A/C comming on and still have it blow on the front windscreen. To do this move the dial 1 click away from the windscreen icon. You will still have it blow on the windscreen, but the A/C wont come on :)

You can stop the A/C comming on and still have it blow on the front windscreen. To do this move the dial 1 click away from the windscreen icon. You will still have it blow on the windscreen, but the A/C wont come on :)

Thats what I do with mine, I dont always want aircon on as it uses more fuel!

Thanks for all your replies, very helpfil indeed. Tried the suggestions out today and work a treat :)

• 10 months later...

Mine still comes on no matter where the dial is set. Am I doing something wrong?

• 7 years later...

Can I use my ford fiesta 2012 without turning the Ac on. I am asking this question because the radiator fan seems to be connected to the AC as well 

• 2 years later...

i have same problem with my ford focus 2008 thinking of taking out aircon fuse ?

Congratulations Jamie, you win this weeks prize for restarting the oldest post 👍

OP started this 2nd September 2011 - before even Covid had been invented 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club