Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Cruis Contrl

mrsam1

Hi there does anyone know if I can retro fit cruise control from a titanium to my fiesta economic. If so what parts will I need.

You cannot currently retrofit cruise control to a MK7 Fiesta. I am currently investigating though.

I'd love to fit retro-fit CC to my Mk6, but I'm guessing that's not possible either, especially if it's not possible on a Mk7?

This has got me interested now, I didn't even realise it was possible to fit CC as an aftermarket modification.

I haven't use CC much but it does come in handy to rest your foot. My father's latest generation Colt has CC, and coupled with the semi-automatic gearbox it really is a joy to drive on long straight roads. It's got that thing where if you speed up it sets your speed again.. (adaptive?).. I dunno, but to cancel it you just put your foot on the brake or turn it off on the steering wheel and it will reset. Quite fun :D.

Adaptive cruise control is a little more complex than that - it uses radar to scan what's around and can match speed with a vehicle in front, and then keep pace with it despite it fluctuating.

The colt's setup sound very close to the Fiesta Mk7.

Yeah that's much more complicated than what the Colt has. Aren't pretty much all cars now coming with some form of CC? It seems to be coming more 'standard fit' like alloys, and like PAS did years ago. Cars are getting so complicated, the question is does technology make things better drivers or more lazy :D.

The reason I asked is that it was dead easy to retro-fit CC to my Picasso - simply a case of buying a switch (mine came from a broken Pug 307), slotting it in to the blank spot on the steering column where the CC would be on more up market models, and then getting the Citroen dealer to enable it in the ECU. Total cost was about £60.

I was wondering if more upmarket versions of the Mk6 had CC, and whether that might mean it was just as easy to fit - i.e. a switch and a re-program?

Regarding the easy/lazy question, it depends on what you are driving for. I want my commute and daily driving to be as easy/stress free as possible. On the other hand, when I'm out with my mate in his 1970s sports car we like to have a more spirited drive - there's no CC, PAS and no servo assisted brakes, and we like that for different reasons - driving for the pleasure of driving, not to get somewhere.

The reason I asked is that it was dead easy to retro-fit CC to my Picasso - simply a case of buying a switch (mine came from a broken Pug 307), slotting it in to the blank spot on the steering column where the CC would be on more up market models, and then getting the Citroen dealer to enable it in the ECU. Total cost was about £60.

I was wondering if more upmarket versions of the Mk6 had CC, and whether that might mean it was just as easy to fit - i.e. a switch and a re-program?

It's definitely not that easy on a Mk7 at least. So far I have installed the steering wheel controls from a Titanium, emailed every Ford dealer within 100miles who all said no, drove 150miles to an independent with Ford kit who thought he could do it but alas there was no option to activate it,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club