Do Not Sell My Personal Information

intermittent stalling

stef123

hi guys,

A weird attitude from my car tonight on the way home. Was approaching a junction in second gear, had to stop for a car going past, the brake pedal went hard and when i went to turn the steering wheel wouldnt move. when i looked at the dashboard all the usual lights were on for it to be in ignition mode without the engine running. i turned the car off then restarted the engine, started perfect and has never happened again since. any ideas?

When i rev the car and let it return to idle, the revs usually go just below 750 and you can feel a little shake, usually makes the lights flicker then it creeps back up. Never had a cutting out problem with it before though. VSS? ICV?

cheers guys

first to check and clean would be the icv as its the most likely suspect playing up.

cheers for that guys, ive had the !Removed! ICV out numerous times in the past to clean it as i thought it was causing my uneven idle but it never made a difference. It has had some amount of crap cleaned out it though. Maybe just need to take it out again for another clean. the car tried to stall again today at a roundabout, just coming to a stop the revs dropped to about 300rpm then climbed back up to normal. Trying to get a hold of one without going to the dealer is something else though.

cheers

cheers for that guys, ive had the !Removed! ICV out numerous times in the past to clean it as i thought it was causing my uneven idle but it never made a difference. It has had some amount of crap cleaned out it though. Maybe just need to take it out again for another clean. the car tried to stall again today at a roundabout, just coming to a stop the revs dropped to about 300rpm then climbed back up to normal. Trying to get a hold of one without going to the dealer is something else though.

cheers

saw one on eBay £29.95 cos ithink i have a like problem.....but i bet mine is worse than yours !!

not sure of the quality of these ebays ones though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club