Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Door Lock

scarlett1975

Hi Hope someone can help...

read a few forums on central locking and its possible a mechnaical problem but havnt taken the door panel off yet...

basicly the central locking doesnt work as it automaticly unlocks like a clunk clunk sound when depressing the lock button on fob..,, on investigating the drivers door will not lock the whole car using the fob if you lock it manualy the drivers door buttun is very stiff and when locking everything locks OK but you cant get out of the car!!

when u r outside you can see the drivers door button does not fully lock when using the fob so thats why it then unlocks as the drivers door is obviosly the main door which the other doors signal off ...can anyone help me please...????

Ive wd40'd the locking buttons and taken teh main handel panel off but havnt taken the main door panel off as not sure what im going to be looking at , I happy to take the door off but would like to know if i can replace the parts myself without !Removed! up the while central locking system

the only way i can lock the car is to use the passenger lock from the inside and then using the key to lock drivers side outside...

Sounds like the door card needs to come off , could be one of the plastic linkages has worn and fouling the smooth running of the locking system , it should be a cheap fix as long as you do it soon incase it puts too much pressure on the locking motor and damages that.Could also do with greesing and wd40 inside . Its probably been casued by either damp and rusting or worn linkages.

Sounds like the door card needs to come off , could be one of the plastic linkages has worn and fouling the smooth running of the locking system , it should be a cheap fix as long as you do it soon incase it puts too much pressure on the locking motor and damages that.Could also do with greesing and wd40 inside . Its probably been casued by either damp and rusting or worn linkages.

Thnaks for your response appreciate it..

i assume i need to take the whole door panel off ..ill see if i can get hold of sum linkages and let you know .. cheers

The door panels come off easy , then you will have a metal panel that screws off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club